epilogue

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please rise," the Judge announced as he looked at the audience first before he turned to his side, putting off his glasses. "After talking to my fellow judges, and listening to the witnesses, we have come to a conclusion. Because of deprivation of liberty, stalking, and set of murdering someone, the accused, Park Bogum, is set for imprisonment for a total of 45 years and 9 months. If there is a suspicion of relapse, the judgment still can be changed by the Judges of the Republic of South Korea."

 The Judge started packing his stuff, signaling that the session has been completed as the audience breathed out in relief. In the middle of them was Joohyun. She held tightly onto the hand of Mingyu who was sitting next to her as tears rolled down her face. "Joohyun, it's over. We won."

She looked at the younger and smiled, tears still rolling down. "I just," she breathed in deeply, wiping her cheeks. "I am so happy he got what he deserved." Mingyu smiled and hugged Joohyun, caressing her back. "Come on, let's go."

They walked out of the courtroom, watching how the police walked Bogum down the hall. "Wait!", Joohyun shouted before Mingyu could stop her. The police stopped, looking at the crying girl in front of them. Joohyun looked at Bogum, a bitter smile on her face.

"You didn't win, Bogum. Do you realize what you have done? But it didn't work. You failed. And now you will face the consequences. I hope you rot in hell," she said but Bogum avoided her gaze. A smirk formed on his lips and he looked up. "If I can't have you, no one will, Joohyun. Remember that."

The police pulled him away, leaving Joohyun back alone in the hall. Mingyu walked to her and carefully touched her back. "Come on, I bet Taehyung is already waiting for you." Joohyun nodded and smiled widely at the name.

Joohyun took a deep breath before she knocked on the wooden door, slowly entering the white room. That annoying beeping was still the only sound filling the room. She walked to the window, opened it lightly, and smiled when the sunshine hit her face. "Hello, Taehyung. It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" Her voice was shaking, her eyes got teary. But she smiled. She was positive. She had to be. One of them had to be.

She swallowed the lump in her throat and turned around to look at Taehyung's lifeless body on the bed. "You look better today, did you sleep well?" She carefully sat down on the edge of the bed, placing her hand on top of his cold ones'.

"Taehyung," she inhaled shakily. "Today was the court schedule. And guess what, my love." She gently caressed the back of his hand with her thumbs. "We won. Bogum couldn't get away with what he has done to you. What he has done to me. What he has done to us."

She blinked slowly, looking at Taehyung's flawless face. His hair got longer over time, his eyes were closed. Joohyun leaned down to lay her head on his chest. She closed her eyes as a tear fell from her eye. "I am so happy. But you know what? It would be even better if you woke up and be happy with me. Let's be happy together, Taehyung. I miss you," she sobbed silently, listening to this beating heart.

She laid there for a while, talking about random things that had happened over the last 6 months in which he was not with them. "And then Mingyu kneeled down in the mall, in front of all these people, and proposed to Tzuyu. Finally, I was actually wondering when that idiot would do that. Tzuyu has been with him through all those hard times. Even when he was going to surgery in the worst state, she stayed. But that's what love is right, Taehyung?"

Joohyun sighed, slowly standing up. She leaned down and pecked his lips. "I should go home now, I bet the lovebirds are hungry. I will come tomorrow again. Sleep well and please recover quickly, alright?", she smiled and turned around, leaving.

"What are you going to cook, Joohyun?"

Joohyun froze on her spot, her eyes wide open in shock. She quickly turned around on her heel and straight looked into Taehyung's eyes. He was smiling lazily, his eyes hooded as he tried to raise his hand to wave. "I would like to eat that, too... I missed your cooking."

"Taehyung," she breathed out and a tear rolled down her cheek. But this time, it was because she was happy. "Taehyung, you jerk you woke up. Finally," she walked to the bed and carefully hugged her lover. Her crying got harder when she felt the familiar strong arms around her again.

"Yeah, finally my love," he said in a husky voice. "I promise, I won't let you wait that long again..." Joohyun chuckled between her sobs. "You better don't, you idiot."