04

The room was filled with silence. It was not awkward. It was comfortable. Taehyung was laying on the little couch across the room while Joohyun watched him. His chest heaved up and down with every breath he took. His eyes were closed but Joohyun could tell that he was nervous.

"Miss Bae."

Joohyun flinched at the sudden deep voice echoing in her office. "Yes."

"Miss Bae... Did you ever want to run away from home.. but you knew you couldn't because you have responsibilities...and someone you just can't leave behind? ..", Taehyung said in a low voice, still eyes closed.

Joohyun shifted in her seat and smiled weakly. "Indeed, I did want to do that. Not only once. But why are you feeling so? Is there anything wrong in your family?", Joohyun was curious. Taehyung made her curious.

Usually, she would forget about her patients and their stories when she left her office. Her private life and her work are two things she always separated. Taehyung took a deep breath. "Yes."

Joohyun waited until Taehyung continued speaking. But he remained silent. She knew that he was fighting himself at the moment. So Joohyun only waited. The last thing she would want now would be to pressure him.

Taehyung opened his eyes and slowly sat up in his seat. "I don't know how you found out about me .. and my little issue. But please stop. I am fine. I really am", he faked a smile. "I survived until now.. so I can keep going like this. I am used to it." Joohyun smiled and walked around her current seat, she sat down on the little table in front of where Taehyung was sitting instead. She was careful not to be too close.

"Taehyung. Don't pretend to be fine if you are not. It's okay not to be okay. Sometimes it's hard I know. But you are only human, you can trust me. I won't judge you if you should cry or rant about stuff happening in your life." Joohyun really wanted to hold his hand at that moment, but she knew he was afraid of being touched. The younger sighed and shook his head.

"Taehyung listen. You might not want to show your weakness, but sometimes it's easier to let go of all the frustrations you kept inside. You'll feel much lighter and-"

"Miss Bae. Please. Stop trying. I came here today to tell you to leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it. But I am really thankful. Thank you for caring for me. Even if it's only faked - it feels good to know that a stranger might be worried about me."

"I don't fake it, Taehyung. I know how you feel. And I know exactly in what kind of dilemma you are stuck."

Taehyung scoffed. "Yeah of course you do. You are a doctor who has to say those things to comfort his patients. But I don't need your pity. It's the last thing I would want in this world. I only want you to understand that I don't want you to insist on talking to me. It will only cause more trouble."

"Are you sure about that? Taehyung I am human too. I have experienced a lot of things. I can relate to your situation because I lived through something similar. Taehyung, when I was little... My father abused me.."

"W-What..", his eyes widened in shock.

Joohyun smiled bitterly. "I see your bruises Taehyung. Not only the physical bruises.. but also the mental bruises he has caused. I have been through the same. No one can relate to your situation more than I can. So tell me now... Are you scared of what people might think of you .. or are you scared of yourself because you can't accept the fact that you are wrong?"