11

It was silent in Joohyun's apartment. The only sound that could be heard was her light snores, showing Taehyung that she had fallen asleep. Taehyung gulped as he looked down at Joohyun laying on his lap. He licked his lips and slowly lifted her head so he could sneak out from the seat. First, he thought about leaving so she could sleep but something inside of him didn't want to leave her like that.

She'd probably have a sour neck when she wakes up and maybe even catch a cold. The weather was too chill lately, even the news said it might snow sooner this year. He sighed and looked around, trying to find a solution to this dilemma. After 5 minutes of thinking and impossible ideas, Taehyung had decided to carry Joohyun to her bed.

"I can do that. I am not afraid of it anymore. It's her.", he reassured himself as he sneaked one arm under her legs and the other one under her neck. He carefully lifted her up bridal style. She was much lighter than he expected her to be. He entered her bedroom and slowly laid her down on her bed. Taehyung felt weird hovering above Joohyun as he tried to pull the duvets on her.

Once he tugged her into bed, he sat down on the floor next to the bed and watched Joohyun sleeping. She was so beautiful - how come Taehyung started to think like that? "Joohyun, what are you doing to my heart..", he whispered and he leaned his head on his palms, his eyes still glued at the girl in front of him. "Is it wrong that feel like this about you?"

Taehyung started talking to himself as he would never have the courage to tell her those things when she was awake. "You make my heart flutter. I actually like it when you are the one touching me. My skin starts to burn and tickle whenever your hand touches mine. I wish you could hold my hand forever.." Taehyung wanted to leave but a sigh escaped Joohyun's lips and sat back down to look at her.

Joohyun stirred in her sleep, her eyebrows knitted and she winced from time to time. Taehyung knew she was having a nightmare but what could he do? Wake her up? "No. Please don't hurt him, sir..", she mumbled and her arms moved as if she was trying to hold onto something. "Taehyung.. get up and fight..."

Taehyung's eyes widened when he heard his name. Joohyun was dealing with his problems even in her dreams. He was such a burden. "Please. Taehyung..don't leave me..wake up.." His head shot up and he watched Joohyun stirring even more. She shook her head from side to side when suddenly her eyes fluttered open. "Tae!"

Taehyung grabbed her hand without thinking a second and caressed the back of her hand with his thumb. "I'm here Joohyun, don't be scared."

Joohyun sat up and cupped Taehyung's face. She moved his head, checking his neck and collar. After a moment she closed her eyes and let out a shaky breath. "Thank god, it was only a nightmare.." Taehyung looked at her with big eyes when Joohyun buried her fingers in his hair and leaned her forehead against his'.

"...Are you alright?"

"Taehyung, promise me something.", she leaned back and looked into his eyes. He nodded. "If your father should ever try to hurt you again.. in any kind of way. You will fight back. Don't let him mistreat you. He has no right to."

Taehyung nodded slowly. He felt Joohyun's hand sliding down his arms, then she pulled him into a hug. He closed his eyes and inhaled her scent. He prayed that she wouldn't hear his fast-beating heart. "I should go. It's late..", he stuttered and quickly stood up. After saying goodbye, he closed the door to her bedroom and hushed to the floor to put on his shoes.