14

Love.

One simple word. 4 letters. But a big meaning.

Why is it so easy to fall in love? Why can't people fall out of love?

Admit it, even if you tell yourself you don't love someone anymore - there is still something inside of you that tickles when that special person looks at you.

But what is love? Who invented it and why does it have such a big effect on humans? When and why did people decide to develop feelings such as love for some other?

Love can be a lot of things. It could be your love for a book. For an author. For a special dish or even your love for your pet.

You love your friends. You love your family. You probably even love your bed. But is that the same as when you love a person who makes you feel different inside? Like when the person says your name.. does it make you happy? When that person smiles at you, does it feel like butterflies decided to throw a party inside of your stomach? Also when that person touches you.. does it burn and tingle with even short, skinship you shared?

That's exactly what Taehyung has been thinking for the last couple of hours. Taehyung was afraid to even get near any person who isn't his brother. Taehyung avoided crowds and people around him. Taehyung who rather stood silent in class, at family gatherings, and with friends because he didn't like attention or the spotlight when he spoke.

But look at him now.  He is cuddled up on the couch, wrapped in a huge fluffy blanket with Joohyun in his arms. She laid her head on his chest and carefully drew patterns on his chest with her fingertips.  Who would have thought that Love can be the key to getting rid of your fears? When you truly love someone, you are able to do anything for that person. You are ready to gather some courage and get rid of everything that used to hold you back.

"Taehyung."

Her soft voice brought him back from his thoughts. He hummed as a response and Joohyun sat up straight, rubbing her eyes sleepily. "Let's go to bed. I am tired and you have to work tomorrow", she mumbled as she slowly stood up, tugging on his hand to get him up too. Taehyung smiled and quickly switched the tv off, following her to the bedroom.

It was not the first time they slept together. After the confession at the coffee shop, both decided to give it a try. First of all, Joohyun wanted to help him to discover his feelings and make a clear mind. And secondly, Taehyung kept on insisting that this would help his therapy too.

They laid down and Joohyun nuzzled her head in his chest as Taehyung gently caressed her back. It was a different feeling for Taehyung. But he knew he could get used to it. He already started. Joohyun knew that Taehyung was the right one for her. He didn't force her into anything and they trusted each other, knowing no one would make a wrong move as long as the other one didn't agree to it.

What neither of them knew was that Taehyung's father on the other side of the town was boiling in anger at his missing son. Mingyu locked himself in their shared room and cried silently, trying to call his elder brother but it was directly led to the voicemail.

"Tae. Please pick up..", Mingyu sobbed silently and flinched when he heard glass being shattered in the kitchen again followed by shouting and cursing.