18

An awkward silence was what Mingyu hoped for but unfortunately, it wasn't awkward. It was pressed. He could literally feel the tension between the three others in the air. He gulped and then gathered all his courage. "Uh,  I think I will head to bed. So uh. Goodnight." He held the wheels of his chair and rolled to Joohyun's bedroom which he was sharing with his brother since they decided to stay here.

Joohyun closed her eyes and sighed, holding the bridge of her nose. Once she heard the bedroom door close she opened her eyes and looked at Bogum who casually was sipping on his tea, his legs crossed on the couch. He had a provoking smile on his lips and it was obvious that Taehyung was taking all of his strength to hold back and not to get up to punch him straight in his handsome face.

"Bogum, you should leave now. I think you caused more trouble than you actually planned to", Joohyun spoke up, catching Taehyung's attention. But Bogum only smiled and looked at her. "But we haven't even talked yet. You didn't even introduce us. I really want to know your... new boyfriend.", his words were carefully chosen. He knew that if he said something wrong, Taehyung wouldn't hesitate to choke him. "Why are you here. Did you want to see him? You did. Now go."

"You know what Joohyun. When Suzy told me that you are a tiring person, I didn't believe her. But now I see she was right. Maybe that's why-"

"You fucking bastard!", Joohyun stood up and grabbed the mug on the table throwing it at Bogum who luckily backed to the side so the mug couldn't hit his head. The mug hit the ground instead and shattered into many pieces.

Taehyung's eyes widened and he quickly walked to Joohyun to hold her back. He pulled her against his chest, Joohyun immediately started crying as she harshly pulled and hold onto Taehyung's shirt.

"You better leave now. Or that mug that she threw won't hit your face but something else will." Taehyung said in a deep but calm voice. Bogum stood up sighing, his hands held up in defense. "I was just saying. It is not my fault, Joohyun. Think about it." He walked to the door but turned around again. "By the way... Is it even legal for you to start a romance with one of your patients? I don't think your mentors will be happy to hear about that." Then he left with a smirk on his face.

Joohyun started crying harder and slowly fell to the ground, Taehyung kneeling down along with her, his hands carefully but still strongly holding her. "I am so sorry, Taehyung", she managed to say between her sobs.

"What are you even sorry for?", he calmed her down by stroking her hair and placing a soft kiss on her temple. "Forget that idiot. He is just trying to get you angry. You shouldn't give him that. He obviously wants revenge."

Joohyun took a deep breath and wiped off the tears with her sleeve. "It's just... All my life, my parents decided on what I should do, what job I should take, and whom I should date. I was done. I didn't want to marry someone who is only seeing me as his trophy. All I want is someone... who accepts me for who I am. Someone who loves me for me. And not for my looks only.  I am human too, I have feelings as well", she hiccupped as she leaned against Taehyung's chest.

Taehyung held her tight, caressing her back. "I love you for you, Joohyun. You made me overcome my issue. I mean look... I am holding you because I want to. I want to protect you and give you so much back. All you have done to me and Mingyu. How will I ever be able to show you how thankful I am?"

Joohyun smiled lightly. "Taehyung", she looked up at him and placed her hand on his cheek. "You being by my side is all I want and need. To feel that you are here right next to me... Believe me, that's the best thing you can do for me."

"So... What are we going to do?  About Bogum I mean? He said he will report you.", he sighed, pouting. Joohyun shrugged. "I don't even care anymore. I will fucking quit that stupid job and move to Jeju with you and Mingyu." Taehyung chuckled. "Really? Because that's what I would love, too. But we both know it will never happen. We have duties and responsibilities here waiting for us."

The girl rolled her eyes. "Oh come on Taehyung. Don't be such a nerd."

"Wow, thanks."

Joohyun giggled. "No but seriously....", she grabbed his hands. "Let's do something crazy. Let's run away! You, me, and Mingyu! Let's leave it all behind and just disappear! I don't care about the people around us. All I care about is you!"

"Joohyun, are you crazy?"

"Yes! Crazy for you!", she chuckled. "I have money which I saved over the years. That will be enough until we both find a job in Jeju. Let's leave Seoul and start a new life", she stood up and reached for his hand.  "Are you with me?"