Chapter 42

1 month later

"Tris I swear if you get a long sleeve wedding dress I am going to kill you!" Christina yells, tearing the page out of my magazine. 

I gasp, attempting to grab it from the floor, but my huge baby belly stops me. "Chris! I wanted something like that, my wedding will be in the windy city!" 

She shakes her head, "No, you are doing sleeveless or strapless." 

I groan, throwing my head back. We have been arguing about my wedding for an hour now, because apparently, I can't have my reception in a barn, I can't have a Dauntless cake wedding cake, and I can't have a long sleeve wedding dress. 

"It's my wedding, I can bend for the dress, but you will NOT interfere with my cake." I scold, my voice stern. 

She nods, as if thinking it over, "Fine. You have to have multiple options for your guests, still." 

I agree, "That's fine. Remember, you aren't my wedding planner. You are just helping me plan out a few details." 

Chris puts her hands up in defense, "Whatever." 

I start to smile, but my stomach tightens again. I cringe, grabbing my abdomen. I have been having a lot of braxton hicks contractions, so we are waiting in the OBGYN's office right now, for an appointment. Tobias flew out to Chicago this week to start bringing things to our house, so Christina had to take me. He will be back tomorrow, still. 

"Are you okay Tris?" Christina asks, every bit of our conversation pushed from her mind. 

I nod, shaking off the pain, "I'll be fine. They are just getting a little worse." 

She grabs my hand, which I squeeze tightly as we wait for someone to call me back. 

Finally, a nurse in pink scrubs opens up the door to the office, "Beatrice Prior?" 

Christina stands up first, then helps me from my chair. Being this small, and this pregnant, is the hardest thing ever. 

She helps me back, then gets my weight, height, and blood pressure. Finally, the nurse takes me back to a room. I climb onto the seat, and Christina sits close to me. 

"So, are you regretting having a love life with a god like Four now?" 

I gasp, "Christina, seriously! And no, I'm not, I just wish that there were one, and not two." 

She laughs, giving me a cheesy grin. We are interrupted by my doctor walking in with a smile on her face, "Welcome back Tris! How are we feeling?" 

I give an empty laugh, "Just peachy. I've been having some braxton hicks contractions, and wanted to come get it checked out. I thought I still had two weeks before I even had to think of this stuff."

She nods, "Well, you can get them as early as eight months, which you are past, so it isn't uncommon. You were still wise to come in, you never want to risk anything with a pregnancy like this." 

Christina helps me get my legs into the stirrups, and the OBGYN starts poking around. Just a few seconds after she looks, her eyes widen, "Um, Tris?" 

I smile, getting another small tightening, "Yes?" 

She pulls my legs down, her face tight, "Those weren't braxton hicks contractions. You are in labor." 

"What?!?" I scream pulling my leggings back up. 

She nods, and tries to calm me down, "Relax, you are only a little bit early. Obviously, they aren't very bad right now, and your water did not break yet, so you don't have to worry at this very second." 

I nod, still nervous, "So what do I do then?" 

She helps me sit up straighter, and Christina holds my hand. 

"Well, I want you to go to your E.R., or here, if you can, when the contractions are three to four minutes apart, and last 45 to 60 seconds."

I shake my head again, trying to control my breathing. "You will be okay, and in the meantime, make sure your boyfriend gets here in time." 

I smile, finally, and shake her hand, "Thank you so much, I am so excited! Or nervous, I can't really tell." 

She laughs, and then leaves us in the room with our papers. Christina laughs, shaking her head, "See, I was right, you HAD to make the appointment." 

I shake my head, "Yeah yeah, you were right for once in your life." 

Christina helps me up, and then we get back to her car. I can't believe this is happening, by this time in a few days, I could be holding two little children! 

---------------------

"Tobias calm down!" I scream into the phone, rubbing my temple. 

"You are in labor! I have to get back now!" He yells, and I can hear him running in the background. 

I laugh, "Toby, I don't have to go in until the contractions get closer, and now, they are really far apart." 

I hear his loud footsteps stop, and he breaths heavily, "So I can just leave Uriah, Will and Zeke to do the unpacking and fly over to L.A.?" 

"Please do, I don't want anything happening without you here. I love you Tobias, I have to go now." 

"I love you too Bea, I'll see you in a few hours." 

I hang up, and put my phone on the charger. Christina falls off the side of my bed, "Wait, his name is Tobias? That's so weird." 

My eyes widen, and I shake my head, "Oh shit, did I say that? Just, don't tell him you know." 

She shrugs, and climbs back up onto my bed. I lay down, not even able to see past my stomach. Christina rolls over to me, and puts a hand on my stomach. I put a hand on hers. 

"Our babies are going to be best friends." I mumble, feeling another tiny kick from her little boy. 

She smiles, "Your little girl will get married to my little boy, and then we will actually be related." 

I scrunch up my nose, "Please don't plan our babies weddings yet, They aren't even born." 

She hold up a finger, "Correction, yours are about to be. You just have to wait ten more weeks for mine, and then we can start planning." 

I roll my eyes, grinning. Without warning, I get a short contraction, and my whole abdomen tightens. It hasn't really been excruciating pain, more like someone was pulling my insides tightly. 

"You good?" Chrissy asks, looking at me. 

I nod, and relax a little, "I don't think I'm actually ready for this.  It almost seems surreal." 

Christina laughs, turning to face me directly, "You will be amazing. You started nesting, and finished both of the babies nurseries, you have been treating actual people like babies, I think this whole 'mother'  thing is in your nature." 

I breath out, "I really hope so." 

Every seconds, my mind comes closer to reality. I, Beatrice Prior, am having twin babies. I am in labor. I am going to be a mother. 

It's 4:30 in the morning, I have to get up at 7:30 for an infusion, and I'm over here writing an update. SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! Love you guys!