Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Four

Start from the beginning

He turned around and stared at me questionably, it was working. "Why not? You were the one who was just saying how we might actually get some work done." I frowned he only looked irritated not upset.

"Sorry" I said waving my hand "never mind, we're good." He rolled his eyes and walked off to his next class. I sunk into the nearest chair and put my head in my hands. This shouldn't be bothering me, what is wrong with me?

"Um... are you okay?" I heard a squeaky voice ask. I looked up and saw the girl who had helped me to class the other day. I stared at her wondering what to tell her. I smiled and shook my head.

"Sara right?" I asked, she gasped and waved her hand in front of her face fanning herself.

"Yeah." She said weakly.

"Why don't you sit down." I said hoping she wouldn't faint. She nodded and sat down next to me and just stared at me like a deer in headlights.

"So what was wrong with you when I walked in?" she asked. I was about to say nothing but something stopped me. I really did need a friend and she seemed like a nice person.

"Um, what do you know about Jesse Hoffman?" I asked her curiously. She let out an excited shrill and danced in her seat.

"Oo do you like him?" she asked intently.

"No, it's just... he doesn't like me." I said shaking my head "and I don't know why." I wailed in frustration.

"Oh" she said disappointed "Well he doesn't like anyone so don't worry about it. I mean most of the girls think he's cute but his awful personality completely kills him in the girl department." She said. I laughed along with her. We were going to be great friends, I could feel it. As it turns out I had 2 other classes with her and then we ate lunch together. After school she came to my dorm and we just hung out. It felt so nice to just hang out with someone for a change. No interviews, music, or assignments: just fun talking. "So, can you play the piano?" she asked eyeing my keyboard.

"Yeah a little." I joked.

"Sweet." She said laughing I was impressed she didn't even ask me to play a song or anything. There was a knock on the door "Oo who's that?" she asked curiously. I shook my head and raised my shoulders and ran to the door. I opened it cautiously.

"Oh my gosh! Jesse! I completely forgot I'm so sorry." He stood outside my door in a white shirt, dark blue, almost shiny, skinny jeans, and white and blue kicks. The question 'did you change' burned on the end of my tongue but I kept my mouth shut. He hadn't been wearing that this morning. My heart twisted in my chest as he walked through the door. What is wrong with me, get a hold of yourself, Tiff, I thought mentally smacking myself. We walked into the room and Sara gasped. He went and sat on the bench at the end of my bed and dusted the invisible dust off his pants while looked around awkwardly.

"Hey, Sara" I motioned for her to come over and she followed me to the door "Sorry I forgot but were working on a project." I pointed toward him.

"No, It's okay I got it." She winked really obviously "I'm gonna leave you two alone." She whispered right before tip-toeing out the door. I chuckled as she left and went and sat in the chair across from the bench he was on. He just sat staring at me with his head on his chin, his eyes reflecting the light from the window. He sighed trying to break out little staring contest.

"How long are we going to sit here?" he whispered to me. In all honesty I would have had had no trouble sitting there staring into his eyes for the next hour but he had other plans. This was understandable because my eyes weren't near as wonderful as his. I shook my head and looked at the floor as he tilted his head and smiled at me. I grinned back, what was he doing? He was acting so weird. Just this morning he hated me. I got up and went and sat next to him on the small bench and stared at him and tried to say something but the words wouldn't come out. Come on Tiff jus say something! I screamed at myself. What's happening to me? I must be going crazy. He just stared back at me "Well?" he asked. I slammed my eyes shut trying to shake him from my mind, I couldn't speak when he was staring at me with those dreamy, wonderful, big... TIFFANY LANE REESE! I screamed at myself.