Chapter 25: Demonstrations

"Ezra, you can't be serious." Han said with disbelief. Ezra hardly ever brings those out, only for emergencies. The teen in question looked over innocently, "Oh and why not? Their mine, aren't they?"
"Well yeah, but you hardly bring them out. The last time was what three, four years ago?" The man shot back with desperation. 'Why? Why is he doing this? He never does anything without a cause but what is it?'
"Where did you get your information because its wrong. I've had to start practicing again after I got the threat note. More than a bit rusty if you know what I mean. But anyway I'm going to go really quick and be right back. I'll tell the pack you say 'hi' by the way."
Ezra quickly ran out of the open door and Chopper followed a minute after right on his trail.

Han and Bail sighed in dismay as the family watched curiously, "Why don't you want him to show us? It is bad or something?" Hera questioned for everyone. Deciding Han took the last one, Bail looked the woman in the eye, "Ezra doesn't do anything without reason. He doesn't speak or explain himself without reason and this applies to his actions as well. He got a present from his parents on his last birthday which he has hidden away, only to bring out in times of need. He'll train with them maybe once or twice a few years but that's it. But the last time he had to bring them out to train and use for real was when he was attacked by the Empire. That is why he doesn't or didn't tell you anything. So we, Han and I, are scared for what's going to happen this time."

Silence rang loudly throughout the house as everyone waited for the boy to return. No one spoke a word as sudden laughter pierced their ears. Outside the windows, the blue haired teen could be seen laughing at the wolves surrounding him, each nudging his stomach which was apparently ticklish. But what drew eyes was the long black cloth in his hands.
A minute he was able to pull himself from the crowd and entered the house once more with Chopper still following. Feeling the air, Ezra kept silent as he kneeled with his feet under him in the center of the room, everyone's eyes on his. Taking the cloth into his hands, everyone got a good look at the object. Long as 4 and half feet and the material thick for protection, he untied the end as it looked like a drawstring, stood it up and easily slid it down. Emerging from the bag came wide sheaths which were a deep dark blue in color. He grabbed the hilts and slid the bag away before laying it on the ground and everyone realized there were two instead of one. Picking one up, he held the hilt with one and the base with the other. Slowly pulling them apart, the groups eyes widened at the beauty of the blades.

"Pretty aren't they? I just recently sharpened them so their still shiny

"Pretty aren't they? I just recently sharpened them so their still shiny." Ezra said causally as the rest of the sword came out of its protective covering. Han and Bail have seen them multiple times but they their just as beautiful as the first time they saw them. Slowly standing up, he looked to Zeb as he held it to the ground with ease, "Satisfied? Or do you need a demonstration as well?"
The oldest teen looked at him with found respect, "I believe ya but no' I really wan' a demonstration."
Ezra chuckled, "I don't know, I'm still rusty and I don't think they'd be happy about not finishing their talk."
Hera and Kanan glanced at each other before smirking, "Nah, we want to know what you got. I'll fight against you so you have an opponent."
Ezra smirked and reached down for the other sword, "Well I guess I'll have to call you sensei now."