Chapter 16: Emails

Ezra gently put his bag on the island before moving to the cabinet of bowls, not once wavering from the gazes. Silently filling the bowl from tap, he set it on the floor before walking back to the mysterious bag he brought. He pulled the zipper open before smiling.
The family watched as he reached inside and pulled his arm back revealing a .... laptop. Zeb's mouth fell open, flabbergasted, "Ya buried yer laptop?!?"
Ezra nodded with a childish smile, setting the technology down and opening it. A background of a galaxy with files covering the screen was shown and he clicked into the internet. He ignored everyone moving around him, trying to get to the emails.
Finally reaching the page, he opened the top one from Han ignoring the painstakingly long list that has build up and quickly read. Ezra nodded along with his job description before typing a reply.
Everyone else had just finished reading the email, surprised by what the kid will be doing but all eyebrows fell in confusion. Sabine swiftly read aloud, "Hey Hans. I except the job but don't know if I should from stalker (a rather poor one but still) I'll meet you there next week. Be careful when going though, you don't want the shadows stalking you back!:P See you later, Blue Eyes signing out."
Ezra quickly sent it and grabbed the letter on the counter, glancing at Chopper who sat by his feet before opening the new envelope.
He tried to read it before they could interrupt him but the universe isn't on his side today.
"Love, what does this mean?" Hera asked still squinting at the screen. Ezra didn't bother looking up and just replied, "Code." They all sent him a deadpan look before saying in sync, "We don't understand it."
Ezra looked up and sent the same look, "Your not supposed to." And swiftly turned to the paper, his pulled back hair swishing with his movements. He frowned at the letter before throwing it away, not giving it a second glance.
Ezra instead went to the bag once more and pulled out a tablet, setting it on the counter before going back to the laptop as if went off once more.
He mumbled, "Thanks for the warning, Blue eyes. Could have a bit more creepy with it though, I didn't even get chills. But don't worry I'll 'look out for the shadows' ;P See you next week. Hans (not from Frozen) signing out."
Ezra sighed in weariness, "Its going to be a long week and Mr. Kenobi sent me my new schedule. Fantastic." He drawled out sarcastically.

Over the busy week, everyone forgot about the fiasco until Saturday came again.
Ezra came into the kitchen with his hair in a sloppy half up bun dressed in dark jeans and a loose tank top. He held his open laptop in his hand, glancing up to his family.
His eyes widened, 'no foster family. ' He closed the tech before placing it on the counter and announcing, "Ok I'll see y'all tonight. I should be home before dinner though. Bye." He did at quick two finger salute before walking out.
Well, he was about to before Hera halted him, "Ah ah ah, we need to know we to know where your going to be. And your not running to town again. Not without someone." Ezra sighed and said, "Fine, Zeb can take me and I'll be at the studio in town. Hans works there and the manager, Chewie, lets clients request to have it to themselves if they pay extra. In my letter, they requested that their identities stay hidden. So he can pick me up around 6:00. Is that ok?"
Zeb slowly picked up his keys from the table, having just gotten back from a friends house. He eyes the boy carefully, "Can we know who they are?"
Ezra smirked with mischief burning in his eyes, "Oh I have no doubt that you'll  find out on your own. So I'll let you guess."
Zeb just groaned quietly and nodded his head to the back door. Ezra smiled before running off, thinking of what Hera said.

Zeb and Ezra quickly rode into town, the smaller boy giving directions. Before long they pulled up to a two story full city block building, the entire thing made of old bricks, tinted windows and a sign that reads, 'Naboo Studios.' Ezra smiled at the familiar place before looking back at his brother figure. Ezra's smile fell for a minute, mentally correcting himself.
'No, he's a friend. He can't be that. You can't get close. You can't.'
The smile quickly came back up, a fake one replacing it and said, "Thanks for the ride, see you in 4 hours." And hopped out without a second look behind.
Zeb watched with worried eyes as his brother rushed in before the door opened again and the man from the bar came out. The brown haired, now sandy from the sun hitting it, man approached his car so Zeb rolled the window down having a sense of importance. Han look both ways before looking at the driver with a small smile, "Hey, you mind doin' me a favor?"
Zeb furrowed his brows, "Depen's on wha' it is."
Han nodded with a grimace, "I need you to watch over your family closely. You seem like the family type so I'm going to tell you some people's past some back even if you leave them behind. Especially someone with a dark past. So watch the stalking shadows. Some names are dangerous and carry meaning so watch what you say. So that's all I have to say and I already know your going to repeat this to your family so I encourage it. And don't tell Ezra I told you. I don't need his anger biting me in the ass because you can't keep something quiet. Well that's it I think and bye bye." And left without another word. Zeb sat there for a minute before rushing off, not bothering to look in his mirrors.