Chapter 18: Work Time

Ezra slowly shifted as he awoke to the feeling of softness. He sighed as he tried to fall back asleep but groaned as he realized that it was too late for that. Trying to sit up, he struggled to get out of blanket burrito Zeb had put him in last night. Thinking back, Ezra stopped for a second to smile and relish the feeling of having ... a brother. All those kids in the parks and at school with siblings and families while he had himself but that all changed last night. He has someone to rely on.
Finally.

After spending 5 minutes of his time just getting up, he looked to the clock before falling back onto the bed.
It's 9 kriffing 30. Why isn't he in school?
He stood up with a scowl and trudged downstairs where voices could be hear. Entering the kitchen, he stared at the couple who looked back with smiles that deserved to be destroyed.
"I better get my homework."
They softly chuckled as Ezra trudged forward before pausing at Hera's attire.
He rubbed his face in exasperation, "I think I missed something."
In a full out pilots outfit with combat boots and orange jumpsuit, a pair of goggles rested on her head. Hera smiled wider and passed him a piece of toast. "Yes, I think you did. Your dignity was left upstairs with a hairbrush."
Ezra scowled at her and tore off a piece of toast with his teeth, "I've never had a shred of dignity before so that can't be it. Corporal what do you think it is?"
Kanan groaned and threw his head back, "No, we are not starting that up again, Ezra, Ezra Bridger. And she works as a test pilot for Rebellion."
Ezra eyes went wide before closing them and made an 'ok' sign with his hands. "Very nice, very nice."

"Ok Ezra, your coming with me today so hurry up and change. We've got less than 10, so vamonos." Ezra chuckled and ran up the stairs waving a hand with an 'ok corporal' thrown in.
Sitting in the car, Ezra finally got to question his position. "So Corporal, mind spilling why I'm here and not in Calculus right now?"
Kanan nodded and made a right turn into town, "Um, Zeb said you had a rough night so you shouldn't go to school. We already called and said you'd be assent and ... the kids are getting the homework."
Ezra smirked before looking down at his orange shirt and dark jeans, his hair up in bun on his head with strangles hanging down like all the trends. He glanced back up and smirked, "So, I'm going to be hanging out with 'Soka?"
Kanan nodded and smiled at the station, "Yep and thanks for telling me that you knew my boss. That was one hell of a surprise."
Ezra laughed and hopped out of the car, walking into the the station with a nonchalant air to him. Walking up to the back glass door after passing all the other officers who didn't bother to stop him, Ezra knocked and cleared his voice. Doing a nearly perfect impression of a deeper voice, a laugh could be hear inside the office. The teen strolled into the office with a bright smile and open arms, "Miss me, 'Soka?" The women shook her head with a fond smile. Kanan hurried into the office with a glare, "Ya could've waited on me, ya know. The weird looks are what I try to ignore." Ezra glanced at him, "But you deal with it oh so well Corporal." Kanan threw him a look before looking back to his superior, "Sorry about him. Got to excited."
Ahsoka threw her head back to let out a laugh. With a shine in her eyes, she stood up to give a hug to the energetic kid. After all introductions were done and they were settled into seats, Ezra said with a smirk, "Soooo, who are the newbies?"
Ahsoka smirked, "The internal fairs superior officer retired so we got a newbie who calls himself Jack," she ignored the look of mixed expressions of terror and surprise from the younger," and another newbie as his assistant who calls herself Jackie. Their apparently twins but no one believes it." They nodded with a serious expression before looking to Kanan who was slowly standing, "Well I'm off to work. You two have fun."
"Oh don't worry Corporal. We will."

As the hours passed, Ezra and Ahsoka talked. Talked about what had been happening, coming up with theories for the 'rookies', and just talking in general. They haven't seen each other in over a year after all.
But as they day wore thin and Kanan came in, Ahsoka gave the hand signal to block the door. Ponytail did so with a confused and leaned against the glass, watching for what was to happen. Ahsoka smirked and looked to the unaware boy or so she thought. Ezra was smirking back with crossed arms, "Don't think that I don't know police hand signals. I've seen too many of them to not understand them. So why am I being held here?"
The women tilted her head as a shade lighter than Ezra's hair fell in front of her face, "If I didn't you'd run."
Ezra's eyes widened, "And what would that be?" Gulp.
A smile light across her face, "Why the ball of course. Your coming with Officer Jarrus' family and you have no choice."
Blue eyes alit with a flame of determination, "No, I'm not. I told you this last year. I am not getting into a penguin suit for a stupid ball."
Kanan and Ahsoka chuckled at his exasperation. "Well now that I know about his 'requirement' to come, be should to expect him there."
An evil grin was shared between them and Ezra whimpered a defeat, "Sooo not fair. M-Hera wouldn't except this."
Two pairs of eyes widened before fond smiles glowed, "Oh I'm sure she'd love to see you in a 'penguin suit' as you call it."

Hera and Sabine squealed in excitement about the ball well more about Ezra but they wouldn't admit that.
Well Hera would but oh well.
The ball was said to be held June 1st, the last day of school next Friday. The kids sad as they don't get to miss because it's being held at night in the manor on the opposite side of town in the woods. The boys weren't so excited to get dressed up as the girls who already have something to wear.

Ezra sighed as Kanan told him they would have to get him a suit before Ezra rejected the offer saying he already had one. The surprise on his face made Ezra narrow his  eyes in competition. Kanan held up his hands and walked away, not wanting to upset him anymore. Ezra sighed and laid down on his belly onto the couch.
Closing his eyes, his last thought was, 'At last I know who owns the manor.'

Hello Peeps! I'm alive!! If y'all didn't know I live in Florida so yeah. Anyway I have to have credit to NyraAzevedo7 who gave me the idea of Jack and then I added Jackie as they have to be together. The inspiration of Jack was from Jack the Ripper and if you don't know who that is, look it up. Sorry for the short chapter! I rushed this but expect a longer one soon. And that raps it up I think. Comment if you really want something to happen, something you came up with and Bye bye!!☺️☺️

-Momo