Chapter 20: Sweatpants and Cabinets

"So glad your here and thanks for not turning the sirens on." Hera said as she greeted the paramedics. The young men nodded with serious faces as the one with dark hair stated, "The patient?" The women nodded and showed them the room, the voices silent as they passed the big party.

Hurrying through the echoing halls, they quickly reached the lounge which held the small sickly teen. Once the men's eyes reached the pale child, their feet immediately rushed over in panic. Sabine and Zeb immediately backed off from the couch leaving the small cloth on Ezra's forehead. Bail was worried waiting for the medics so he grabbed a cloth and a bowl of water from the kitchen and is already showing his concern by pacing the length of the room.
The professionals swiftly took his temperature before shaking their heads in worry. The man stuck an IV needle in Ezzy's hand before pulling out a small oxygen tank and bag of saline from the bottom of his bag. The other passed him the mask from his own before continuing on taking the blood pressure. Strapping the mask tightly and connecting the fluids, he shined a light in the teens eyes and put it back in his pocket. He glanced at his partner before looking at the tense family and uncle.

Kanan and Hera were standing side by side as Sabine and Zeb were next to them, all with furrowed eyebrows. They watched as their own member of family was poked at and stuck with a needle. Wanting nothing more than to rush and to check for themselves he was going to be ok, they distracted themselves, well tried to by shifting their weight and biting down on their painted nails. Kanan clearly seeing the look from them stated loudly to get attention, "What's his condition?"
The man looked him in the eyes, "His condition doesn't look good at this moment but the good news is that the poison hasn't fully settled so it's going to be easier to wash it out of his system. Now the question is, which one of you can carry him?"
Zeb immediately stepped forward, wanting to help instead of feeling the weight of uselessness in the gut of his stomach. The man nodded before zipping up his bag and standing up with his college. The tall man rushed forward and stared worriedly as he watched the mask fog slightly. He positioned the tank and bag on his belly before slipping his bulky arms under his legs and shoulders. He carefully tossed him up to get a better grip and frowned with everyone else as Ezra's legs swung limply and head fall forward on the elders chest.
Zeb nodded in readiness before walking out of the room with everyone falling after like lost, hopeless puppies.

Zeb hopped into the ambulance before stretching out the teen on the white sheeted stretcher. One paramedic jumped in with him while one started the car. He barely registered the slamming of the doors and motion of pulling out of the driveway. He stared at the fogging of the mask not once taking his eyes off of it. Thinking of how he can help before thinking he's doing everything he can. He smiled for a second before glancing at the paramedic. He continued with the cycle before the man got angry, "What do you want?"
Zeb chuckled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck, "Ya min' if I make hi' mor' comfortabl'?" The man shook his head and watched carefully as the brother leaning towards the boys legs. He watched shocked as Zeb pulled on the boys foot and the leg came off, putting it in his lap. Stuffing his hand down the pants leg, he gripped the rubber sleeve and pulled it off before placing it with the leg. He carefully did the same with his tie and jacket, seeing the teens has almost already sweated through his shirt.
Silent rang out throughout the vehicle as sirens which where activated as soon as they left, sang loudly.
"Mind if I ask with happened?"
Zeb looked at him calculating look before looking at the prosthetic in his lap, "Um, we're no' tha' sure bu' by hi' record, we're sure it wa' from torture." The mans eyes widened before exclaiming loudly, "What?!?"
Zeb looked grimly, "No' a good pas' with th' foster system. We jus' go' him a good four months 'go. No' good a' trustin'" The man saddened quickly before they saw they had arrived.

The family including Zeb were out in the waiting room, everyone in chairs with a leg shaking or hands in mouth. They looked up quickly as a doctor came in and called a different name. They sighed for the tenth time before hearing what they were waiting for, after all it had been a good four hours.
"Ezra Bridger"