33} croissant theifs & park benches

"YOU'VE BEEN SUSPENDED FROM ATTENDING CLASSES FOR A WEEK." I read the email out loud to Auston. At least I haven't been expelled.

My laptops propped up on my knees, and I hold my phone up to the screen to show Auston on the FaceTime call.

This is bullshit. I didn't think Lucia was actually this crazy, crazy enough to do something this stupid.

"Logan," Auston's tone is sharp. "You need to tell William."

"I know." I mumble.

But there's something even more crazy that's been looming in the back of my mind, something that I've been wishing would just go away; the idea that maybe if someone is so set on breaking us apart we're just not meant to be together.

"What if we can't get past this?" I bite down on my nails anxiously. This whole thing is such a big mess.

I've been ignoring this problem for months now. I watched it develop and grow from something so little to Lucia getting so aggravated that she thought getting her dad to pull some strings and make this happen.

"I don't know. But you can't push William away right now, everything she does affects him too."

He's right.

"I don't know how you're so wise." I shake my head, the ghost of a small almost invisible smile appearing on my lips.

A part of me never wants to give up on the idea of William being my forever, a part of me has a feeling that it won't last long enough to call it that.

The thing I need most right now is a hug and maybe a coffee to burst my energy. But I don't want to see my friends, or William, or anyone else for that matter.

Auston was the first person that came to mind, that I needed to tell after I was sent the email.

But now Auston knows that I've been suspended, why shouldn't everyone else in my life. He can go ahead and spread the news for all I care.

Auston laughs softly. "What are you going to do?"

"Honestly, I don't know." I take a deep sigh. "Maybe go to my dad's for a week? Spend some time with my family? I don't want to just sulk around the apartment."

I want to avoid William for as long as possible. It's what I do, I'm irresponsible and I avoid my problems, people remind me of it time and time again.

I don't want to see him feel guilty for what Lucia's doing, I don't want any of that pity. All I want is to drop off the face of the earth never to be seen again.

"I've got to go to practice. Don't do anything stupid Lo. Take it easy, talk to him."

"Okay." I nod, watching Auston's face disappear from the screen.

"Yeah, I'm not going to talk to him." I mumble to myself before switching off my lamp and closing my eyes, even though it's 7 AM. It's not like I care, I have nothing to do for a week.

____

william 💓
hey /9:23AM

hey again /10:54AM

you okay? /12:42PM

babes /2:01PM

-

[👌🏽💦🔥🔥GOSSIP GIRLS]
fucking freddie, asshole auston, mucus mitch, big ass bozie