5} puck you

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, (PUCK). As William is driving, I stare at him intently. How the fuck is he so cute. Believe it or not, William still hasn't registered at the front desk of my brain, I just can't logically understand that any of this is actually happening. He seemed so untouchable, before, just my favourite hockey player and not my best friend.

Who am I kidding? We're not best friends. I flirt with him every possible chance.. Although I'm not so sure he does the same.

"So I was thinking..." Williams tone is soft and steady. He glances at me, we make eye contact and my heart is melting entirely again.

"Yeah?" Calmly, we smile at each other.

"Would you— like to— uh— maybe come to a game sometime?" He stutters, though barely noticeably. His lively blue eyes are hopeful; and twinkly as ever.

"Are you serious?" My breath hitches in my throat.

"Yes." I've noticed that the common scenario when William laughs, it wasn't just a noise that came out of his throat, the way his eyes sparkled with joy, the way that his entire face changed into one of happiness in a seconds time, the way that he bit his lip, maybe somehow trying to prevent his uncontrollable laughter, the bubbly feeling that wired through me every time he cut the tension with that
oh-so lovely snicker at everything I seemed to say. It was no longer something that I heard in interviews, but in real time, a blonde haired gorgeous man.

He doesn't know any of the thoughts coursing through my head. Thank the lord.

"Whatever ya want me to do Nylander." I wink.

"Definitely come then." He grins.

____

"So what are you saying then?" William quirks an eyebrow.

"I'm saying that I always wink with my left eye, I can see better with my right eye." I explain, like it should be obvious.

"That's weird." He chuckles deeply, running his hand through his hair so it stays out of his face.

"Oh fuck off would you?" I narrow my eyes, annoyed.

"Never." William shoots back, nudging m shoulder.

"So lets go over the plan then." I roll my eyes, changing the subject.

He rolls his eyes after I do, and nudges me again in the shoulder, but this time a bit harder.

"We'll go to McDonald's, then mini golf?" He asks questioningly. I have a feeling he didn't remember what I had told him earlier.

"Glow in the dark mini golf." I correct him.

For some reason I decide that it'll be a good idea to nudge him in the shoulder back. Stopping in my steps, I gain a little momentum and hurtle my shoulder into him.

In the end I find myself gripping onto his bicep, about to fall onto the cement sidewalk. If it weren't for him keeping me stable, I would have fell on my face. That would be a sight to see..

"Take it easy there Lo, don't want to add any more embarrassing public experiences to that increasingly long list of yours." A smirk plays William's lips.

Kissable lips.

Why can't my conscious keep its mouth fucking shut.

Great job, you just told yourself to shut up.

God I'm such a loser sometimes.