13} clumsy loser

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?" Laurel catches my attention by raising her voice. She holds Rachel's iPad in her hand, scrolling through text messages.. between Rachel and Auston. "Rachel knows that I like him." Laurel says furious.

I rush over, grabbing it out of her hands.

Oh god, oh god, oh god. I pivot around on my feet, walking out of the room immediately.

My first instinct is to call William, and tell him about my confirmed suspicions.

"I told you so! Don't get too attached." I respond back, shuffling through a pile of clothes on the floor.

"Says you!" She yells back.

A pang of realization hits me. She's totally and utterly right. I am attached. At least William and I haven't gone any farther then we already have, I may be making things more dramatic in my mind then they actually are... Hell, does William even feel the same way? Why can't my life be boring and full of studying anymore.

I have classes everyday next week, and William has a fair share of travel days coming up. I know that we won't be able to see one another for a while.

"I think you're overreacting. You're not even dating Auston. There's no need to get possessive. I'm sure they're just friends." Trying to calm down a fuming Laurel and getting ready at the same time is tough.

I need to get out of the house today and go do something productive before class starts. Social media HD been stressing me out lately, people who have never even met me constantly messaging me and wanting to be friends, only so they can get the chance to meet the dirtbags that I've recently started to hang out with. No lie, I'd probably consider doing the same if I wasn't in my position. Knowing my idols is a privilege, and most definitely not a right.

I curl my dark brown hair quickly so it falls into loose waves around my shoulders. After some concealer and mascara, I'm begging to look more and more like a civilized human being, a huge change from my usual appearance of classic couch potato.

My short nails are dry and flimsy. Maybe I could get them done today? But with who? I'll text the girls later, if they're not busy of course. I could always go alone.

"I'm not overreacting! Rachel is just being a bitch like she always is. I practically called dibs. Can you tell her to back off?" Laurel is that one friend, the one that's kinda boy crazy— even more so than me, and thats saying something on its own.

I groan and fumble through my dresser desperately trying to find my wallet.

I'm definitely not going with Laurel. Does it make me a bad friend to not want anything to do with the drama that's going on right now? Whatever. They can fight over him for all I care, I'm just going to stay out of the way and be a support system. But I will not take sides.

I don't want to get my nails done with someone who's complaining the entire time. Don't get me wrong, I love Laurel, she's one of my best friends, but she has a tendency to be mean to others.

Throwing on a light grey long sleeved shirt and a pair of black ripped jeans, I shrug my leather jacket over top of my shoulders to add an extra effect to the whole outfit.

Calling an Uber, I plop down on the couch and listen to Laurel rant on about Rachel and Auston.

Logan-the-loser added Ra-chill-out, Step-on-me,  Fat-trisha, and Sydward to Local Losers

Logan-the-loser
Does anyone want to go get their nails done w me?

Sydward
Can't. I'm with Matt😂.