22} sunglasses hallelujah & flour thrown at my face

MY HEART BEATS a million times a minute rapidly in my chest. I'm nervous; my palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, there isn't vomit on my sweater already, because I don't like spaghetti, but I am nervous.

"It's really pretty here." Inhaling sharply, I've lost all sense of normality, now just hyperventilating in a ball with my knees held up to my chin.

William laughs, and I realize that maybe if I just act like we normally do together until we get there, this drive might not be so bad. We landed about an hour ago, I was slow getting my bags and all that stuff, and then we had to stop and get food because William was reportedly starving. My hair is in a bun, but not a cute one, more like the kind of bun that you just tie up into a knot without looking into a mirror.

William on the other hand looks so good that I think he could probably be mistaken for one of those dudes in the magazines, and he doesn't even know it. I still can't get over the magnificence of his beautiful hair. Staring at his hair is the only thing saving me from falls my asleep, I'm tired as hell.

Determined to keep my awake, William tells me about his family, about his little sisters, about Alex, about his older sister, about his mom and dad. Just to my luck, I have a horrible memory, but thanks to my long history of fangirling over him I at least know the family basics.

I mean I don't want to be too nice because I don't want them to think that I'm fake, but then of course I don't want to crash my personality into them like a bus without brakes because then I'll come off as obnoxious. How will I find the balance in between? The answer is I probably won't.

The people on the radio are speaking in Swedish, I have no idea what they're saying, the people at the airport were all speaking in Swedish, I had no idea what they were saying. What if William's family says things about me in Swedish just so I'll have no idea what they're saying?

"You're so cute Lo." William throws me a dreamy glance, eyes doing that twinkly thing again. I scrunch my nose, rubbing my eyes with my knuckles.

Yuck yuck yuck yuck. He finds this cute?

"You're William Nylander, my boyfriend, I'm going to meet your parents, I'm in Sweden, with William Nylander, who plays for the Toronto Maple Leafs, oh damn this is one crazy dream." I take a gurgling sip out of my iced coffee and look out the window at the city landscape.

The highway is super busy, cars on the wrong side of the road and being weird with those skinny license plates, and I'm just not thinking properly right now at all.

William shakes his head, licking his lips and tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "You seem so excited." He smirks brightly , taking my iced coffee and sipping the straw. I'm usually not comfortable sharing my food since I cherish it so much, but William might just be the one exception for now.

"Believe me I am." I nod, raising my eyebrows, and smiling tight lipped. "Just a little nervous." I shrug.

God my heart is beating like a hammer. Here I go, stressing myself out about stupid things that don't need to be stressed about.

"It's not stupid babe." William rolls his eyes at my remark.

Wait did I just say that out loud? My eyes widen. Shit. What if I start openly speaking my thoughts in front of his parents?