Shady Business

Ludo hadn't been one to admit defeat so easily. His countless attempts at trying to steal the wand from Star proved that. But after seeing that boy (Marco was it?), who manhandled his monsters and Cerberus, he just kinda gave up. His ties with other monsters were basically severed and he had no other minions except for his newly found giant eagle and spider. But other than that...

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish I had Toffee back." Ludo sighed. However at that exact moment, a dark purple portal had appeared in front of him. Black tendrils shot out and grabbed Ludo and the two minions he had. When he entered the portal, he saw nothing but darkness. And shivered when he heard an ominous, creepy, chuckle. And yet it sounded so...familiar...
_______________________________________

Ludo emerged out of the portal into a room that looked very medieval. He stood up and observed more of the room. There were low hanging candles swinging back and forth, a long table covered by a white and black cloth, and 6 seats. 3 on the left, two on the right,  and one at the head of the table. To Ludo it looked...uneven. Like there used to be another chair there but was removed.

"This is the bird brain you wanted, right boss?" A female in yellow armor  lazily questioned. At that moment a man walked into the room via portal. Ludo glared at the man who walked into the room.  His black suit contrasting against his white shirt and red tie. But what intrigued Ludo was his eyes. They were normal looking human eyes except for the strange slit in them. They were almost reptilian like...

"Ok, first off, that was incredibly rude whoever pulled me through that portal and extremely unpleasant. Secondly, do I know you from somewhere?" Ludo questioned the man who took his seat at the head of the table.

"Well many people refer to me as 'Mr.T'. But, I think you know me as Toffee." Toffee smiled, revealing hidden fangs in his teeth. Ludo gained shivers down his spine but glared at him.

"What do you want with me? And aren't you supposed to be, you know, exploded?" Ludo asked in confusion. The explosion from Star's old wand when she casted the whispering spell had erased Toffee. Not a trail of dust was left of him. So it didn't make sense to Ludo why Toffee was here with a half human and half reptilian form.

"Well let's just say that I had some help from my fellow companions." He gestured towards the people at the table. 3 different armoured people were sitting there. The yellow armoured female from earlier, a green armoured human, most like a guy due to the bulky statue. And a small human frame in light blue armour.

"What you mean is that you'd be screwed had we not been around." The green one scoffed. He then turned to Ludo. "To give you a quick rundown, yes he was erased into nothing, but Toffee is a magical being. Meaning he had left behind traceable, magic dust. We just simply took as much magic dust as we could, created a homunculus, AKA an artificial human body, by combining a human body with reptilian DNA. We then shoved the essence inside and with a little dark magic, tadah! We have a brand new Toffee."

Ludo took in this information with a shocked look. Toffee was alive and well. And it seemed like not only was he alive, he's gained even more powerful allies.

"So now that you know how I came back, I've come to offer you a little deal." Toffee smiled as he walked up to Ludo. Ludo looked up as Toffee towered over him  casting an ominous shadow. "You're going to work for me now, and in return, I let you keep your life, your pets, and I'll even give you a little power. What do say? Deal?" Toffee offered with a sinister smile as he held out his hand. It had an eerie red glow to it.

"Tch...not really giving much of a choice here, are you?" Ludo scoffed as he glared at Toffee. He may be incredibly headstrong and stubborn, but he knew when he was utterly beaten and had no chance of winning nor any chance of escaping.