Eighteen

« 18SAVIOUR »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~"I'm sorry," Lydia said as she approached Alec

~~~•~~~
"I'm sorry," Lydia said as she approached Alec.

Alec furrowed his eyebrows, "For what?"

The Shadowhunters Talia had punched and thrown into a wall, neither of which she knew the names of, approached Izzy and herself with Lydia giving them both a non-emotional expression as she stood in front of them.

"Isabelle Lightwood and Talia Fray, by order of the Clave, you are under arrest for high treason."

Talia's eyes widened as Alec rounded on Lydia, "What? On what grounds?"

Lydia glared daggers at Isabelle, "Only a handful of people knew about the Meliorn op."

The Shadowhunter who Talia had punched inputted, "And everyone knows she's sleeping with him."

Isabelle turns to him and chuckles softly before resuming her facial expression and turning to the engaged couple, "You know what, Lydia? You're no better than Valentine, but at least he had the guts to tell Downworlders to their faces he wanted them all dead. You hide behind the Law."

Lydia's lips part slightly as she takes in the girls' words, "I don't hide behind it, Isabelle, I simply follow it. Because it guards against one very important thing - Shadowhunters fighting other Shadowhunters."

The blonde turned to the tall woman before her as she stood seemingly calm with her arms crossed across her chest, "And you, Talia, you have been arrested because of Raj here actually seeing your face."

Talia turned to the man in question, the man that had spoke out against Isabelle, and then returning her gaze back to Lydia with her eyebrow raised, "Him? Really? I've never seen this guy before so how was he able to identify a face and match it to me?"

Lydia narrowed her eyes at the accusationary tone, but before she could speak, Alec stepped in, turning to her, "If they get convicted, they'll be stripped of their runes and banished, I can't let that-"

"Don't," Izzy stopped him, barely looking at his eyes as a defeated look crossed her face as Talia handed her stele to the Shadowhunter she'd used her magic on, who was now sporting a bruise and a cut around his eye and allowed him to take her arms, "It's not your fight."

Talia looked up from the ground, that she had been looking at since she had made her comment, only to meet Alec's eyes for the first time since he had told them he was engaged to Lydia. Sucking in a breath, Talia followed Izzy out of the main room, holding his gaze until she passed the pair, letting an emotionless persona take over her expression.

But she could feel his eyes on her the whole time.

                               ~~~•~~~