Chapter 25- THE DARK SIDE

Start from the beginning

"Ah!" His hand immediately flew to the back of his head as he shut his eyes in severe pain.

She continued, "I should have reported you the first day you did this. I should have, but do you know what stopped me?"

He continued to rub the back of his head, wincing in pain, and she continued,

"You cried and begged me not to. You promised you would take therapy seriously. And also, I'm the only one who knows exactly what Florence did to you. I'm the only one who witnessed your abuse. I witnessed her destroying you, and I saved you from that. Do you remember the promise I made you that day?"

"You said..." He took a deep breath, to block the way of the incoming tears, "You said-"

"I promised to continue being that saviour. To continue being the one who would defend you, and help you overcome the life she had laid out for you."

She paused, keeping her eyes on Jayden, who had his head tilted down with his hand still rubbing the back of his dark hair,

"That's why I didn't report you the first time. I chose to be your saviour even in that situation you put me in! And what did you do? You raped me again. And again. Which victim overlooks her pain and loss of self-worth to try to understand her rapist?! Which victim even tries to put her rapist's unfortunate past before her current situation?"

An unexpected tear had fallen down from his tilted face as she spoke,

"You put me in that dreaded situation. Your saviour, or your victim."

"Kira-"

"So," She said loudly, "I realized the hard way, that it's time I looked out for myself, because who will? I have no saviour or hero. Tomorrow, your therapist will know, your parents will know, and God help you when the cops know. I'm done with you. And I'm leaving this house the minute your parents get back from their trip."

She walked towards the door and opened it wider for him to leave.

He lifted his head and turned to her, his eyes beginning to redden as he sniffled, "You know I would have never done it if my past hadn't happened."

"Are you trying to justify your actions?" She asked in shock.

"No, I just want you to know I can be a better person. I can be a better person so please help me to be."

"Get out, please. I am not doing this right now. I've made up my mind."

"Please don't give up on me." He wanted to hold her hand but she withdrew it,

"What about me, Jayden? What about my feelings? My," She hesitated, tears threatening to fall, "My sanity! I can't keep going through this. I stupidly already gave you enough chances and put you before me so many times. Just, get out. Please go."

Jayden kept his eyes on Kira, one last time, before he did as she wished.

***
The next morning, Kira had left the house very early to meet up with his therapist, whom he was to have a session with later in the day.

Kira told her everything, from the beginning to the very end, how she felt and her plans to leave.

His therapist comforted Kira and assured her that she would take care of letting his parents know.

"I am really disappointed in Jayden." Dr. Linda's dark brown eye brows furrowed as she supported her chin with her knuckles, in one of her black leather sofas. "He also never told me any of this."

Kira sat opposite her and informed, "I want to report him. I need to stand up for myself. Jayden is a rapist now, and I'm not about to let what he did to me, slide. He didn't care how much I cried, or begged."