Attack

Authors Note: I am so amazed at how many views this has gotten recently! Thank you all so much, especially to all my new followers! This is the second to last chapter, but I will be writing a small sequel to satisfy all you Reylo lovers. Enjoy!

*artwork used does not belong to me*

They held hands in the elevator. Ben could tell Rey was nervous. Her hand trembled in his. He raised her hand to his mouth and he gently kissed her knuckles.

"You'll be fine. Remember your training." Ben whispered against her hand. Rey nodded, her other hand tightening around her saber.

The elevator slowed as they approached the floor with the throne room. They ignited their sabers in unison as the doors opened, only to reveal an empty hallway.

"I don't like this." Rey said as they exited the elevator. Ben didn't reply as he made his way in a huff towards the throne room.

The throne room doors opened as they approached. They could see Hux was perched comfortably in the throne, Captain Herrera at his side.

As they entered the room, Rey saw the Knights of Ren. Six dark hooded figures, three on each side of the room. Their masks were all different, but they still slightly resembled the mask Ben once wore as Kylo Ren. Rey felt scared as she saw one of the Knights place a hand on their saber.

"I see you've finally made it." Hux said amused. Millicent hopped down from his lap and slowly sauntered up to Rey, her tail in the air. She sniffed at Rey and Rey looked down at the cat, confused. Millicent hissed and darted back to Hux, jumping back up into his lap. She mewed at him.

"So it has been you all along." Hux said to Rey. "The junkyard slut."

Rey's eyes narrowed and she went to take a step forward.

'Don't.' Rey heard Ben say in her head.

"I don't take too kindly to stowaways sneaking onto my ship." Hux said to her.

"I haven't been sneaking onto your ship." Rey spat, unable to help herself.

"Your lies do no good. I know you've been on my ship." Hux snapped. His attention turned to Ben.

"And I know Ben has been sabotaging my attempts to find the Resistance."

Ben paled at the revelation.

"How?" Ben asked.

"Once I suspected you'd been fraternizing with the enemy, it wasn't too hard to figure out. You never did give me enough credit for my intelligence." Hux said, picking at his nails again.

"Disappearing all the time from your suite in the evenings made it easy to snoop around."

"You broke in my room?" Ben said angrily.

"I noticed one day you had dirt on the bottom of your boots." Hux said. "Obviously not a substance found on a military cruiser in the depths of space. But a mineral rich soil found only on Naboo." Hux said. "You really should sweep your room."

Ben angrily was gripping his lightsaber as Hux broke down all the little details.

"Not to mention the late night request for clothes from the females ward and the sub sequential decommissioning of the maintenance droid that brought them to you. All I had to do was run a scan on the droids system to find out what you had been up to, you naughty boy."

Ben ignited his saber and two of the Knights stepped forward, their respective sabers also igniting.

"You were never fit to be Supreme Leader." Hux said, rising from his seat. "You murdered Snoke and you blamed your whore for the crime."