Traitor

Authors Note: WOW! Over 800 views! You readers are amazing. One small favor though. A family based sequel - yes or no? Leave a comment or a message. :)

*image is not mine*

Ben slammed his fist on the dash of his ship as the recorded transmission ended. He tried to start the ship up again but the engine refused to ignite.

Ben gritted his teeth and grunted in frustration. He held down the communications button and soon was connected to the cruiser.

"Hello, BEN." Hux said scathingly. "Having engine troubles?"

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SHIP?" Ben yelled.

"Oh, I disabled it." Hux said, picking at his fingernails as if this was the most boring conversation in the galaxy.

"When I get up there -"

"Ah ah, that's where you're wrong." Hux said, wagging a finger at Ben. "You won't be able to make it back here in time. The troopers are being prepped to invade as we speak."

"I AM THE SUPREME LEADER." Ben shouted.

"WRONG! I AM THE SUPREME LEADER NOW." Hux roared. "You are a traitor to the First Order, Ben Solo. Snoke warned me of your growing affections for that... that... that filth. Right before you brought her to his leadership, right before you ruthlessly murdered him, he warned me. He said as long as she was alive you would go to her. And he was right."

Hux rubbed his chin in thought.

"What I don't understand is how she was coming and going from the cruiser without my knowledge."

"She never was on the cruiser." Ben said.

"LIES." Hux yelled. "Explain how Millicent could smell her on your bed then?"

Ben recalled the recent occurrence of Hux letting Millicent loose in his room, when he accused her of having fleas.

"I have personally tracked every ship coming and going from the cruiser. And even though you disabled your ships tracker, I knew how to reactivate it from afar. You personally lead yourself and that of your bitch to your own demise. The Resistance doesn't stand a chance."

"I am going to murder you." Ben growled. Hux just laughed as Ben ended the transmission.

Ben scrambled out of the pilots seat and ran back down towards the lake house.

"REY!" He yelled as he ran up the wooden stairs. He reached the landing at the top of the stairs and Rey burst out of her room.

"Ben! I thought you left." She said, happy to see him.

"Rey, we need to go. NOW." He said. Her eyebrows furrowed with worry.

"What's happened?" Rey asked as she ran back into her room and grabbed her bag.

"It's Hux. He's taken over." Ben said as he thundered back down the stairs, Rey right behind him.

"Taken over?"

"Yes. He's ended the amnesty that I ordered. The First Order is on their way."

"Ben, I have to warn my friends." She said, pushing past him on the stairs.

"Rey, there's no time!" Ben said, reaching to grab her arm as she went past. She moved her arm out of his reach and ran out the front doors.

"REY!" He yelled after her.

Rey ignored Ben's calls for her to stop. She ran as fast as she could back to the hangers.

XXX

Rose, Finn and Poe had returned early in the morning to the hangers. Poe was still in a slump, slouching in one of the communications chairs, picking at the armrest. Rose and Finn were discussing how much of the leftover food to send to the Eravana for the others who had been stationed there. A blur out of the corner of Finn's eye caught his attention.