After that, realizing that I'd wasted a lot of time concealing the hickeys and finding a top, I quickly did my hair, pulling it back in a sleek chignon and spraying it with some hairspray to make sure it stayed intact.

 Then I checked my make-up quickly, peering at my face to see if it looked alright before I slipped on a pair of black stilettos, grabbed my Luis Vuitton handbag and headed out of the closet, grabbing my phone and turning off the Beats speaker as I did so.

 On the way out, I barely glanced at Luke, who was fast asleep on my bed.

 It took all my willpower to not just run straight out of my room, without even acknowledging the sleeping, nude figure on my bed but to write him a note, telling him that I was going to work.

 After I laid the note on the nightstand next to Luke's phone, I quickly ran out of there, careful not to wake him up, well aware that I was leaving one hour early.

 I didn't even eat breakfast, I just ran out of my apartment quickly before Luke could wake-up and ask for a rerun of last night, which I would not be able to refuse since it was only 07:00 A.M and I was not due for work until 08:00 A.M.

 It was just an hours drive from my apartment to the office, usually less without the early-morning traffic and I had time to grab a mochaccino to go along with a prosciutto mozzarella sandwich and two chocolate chip muffins that I ate in my car as I drove to work.

 I was just stepping into my office when Iris came into work, for once earlier than me.

"Oh, good morning, Rose," she greeted me with a bright smile. She'd finally started calling me by first name after I'd threatened to fire her, in front of Sean, which nearly gave Iris a heart attack but only caused him amusement.

 The smile he'd smiled at the look of complete shock and horror that had come upon Iris's face at my hollow but convincingly acted out threat... It had nearly made the carefully angry mask I'd crafted and put on to slip.

 I loved that smile. The smile he got when he was so thoroughly amused. It wasn't sexy or seductive. It wasn't the kind of smile that turned your knees to jelly and caused your panties to dampen.

 No, it was the kind of smile that melted your heart. It was an adorably cute smile.

 His eyes would twinkle brightly, turning to a bright, vibrant green that reminded me of fresh grass that was lit up by rays of the sun. His lips would be twitching, his teeth sunk into his bottom lip in an attempt not to laugh.

 I loved that smile but I secretly loved to see that smile fade as he loses control and the rich deep laughter he'd been restraining was unwillingly let loo —

 I quickly shook my head and broke off my train of thought.

 Don't think about him! I told myself and turned to Iris, locking that memory away in a box in the back of my mind.

 "Hi, Iris," I smiled back at her, admiring the long, cashmere scarf she was unwinding.

 "Have you finalized the budget yet?" she asked. "Because I just met Mr. Dyor down in the lobby and he wants to meet with you."

 "Now?" I asked, taken aback.

 "In twenty minutes. What? You haven't finished it yet?" Iris looked mildly surprised and no wonder; I always finished my work.

 "No, I've finished it."

 "Then, why do you look so worried?" she gazed at me with concern.

 "I'm worried he won't think it's good enough. He's quite the perfectionist," I repeated the words that had been uttered by one of my colleagues just a couple days ago about Sean. Needless to say, I was lying my ass off.