CHAPTER SIX

~   F R A N G I P I N I    F L O W E R S  ~

⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝ ⤝   S E A N   ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞ ⤞

It was a sunny morning, as it usually was in San Juan.

 The sun's rays lit up the open-aired restaurent where I sat for breakfast.

 Warm tropical breeze's caressed my face, rifling through my hair, making the longer strands of it fly a little.

 I poked at the contents of the plate in front of me. My breakfast, composing of sunny-side up eggs, crispy bacon, pancakes with chocolate syrup and waffles and fresh fruit was nothing but delicious.

 But I'd barely been able to appreciate the food as I'd ate it slowly, pausing when it was half-empty.

 I was too busy thinking. Not of the new resort that I should be thinking about but of Rose.

 I'd thought about her a lot last night.

 Last night... I'd almost kissed her last night. Almost tasted those sweet, plump lips again after four long years of doing nothing but dreaming of them.

 I should've just crashed my lips onto her's last night. But no, I'd leaned in slowly, wanting to savor the moment. As a result, I'd barely met her lips with mine when she'd jumped back.

 At first I'd been surprised.

 Then seeing why she'd jumped back, seeing the person who'd interrupted the moment that I'd been dreaming about for the past four years, I'd felt anger.

 Luke Winchestor. I didn't like that guy one bit!

 He'd been the one to harden Rose's heart and confirm her fears. She'd already been wary of men due to her father's abandonment and Luke had been the first male she'd trusted.

 He should've treasured her love and affection but he'd left her. Alone in a strange, unfamiliar city in a stolen car!

 And Rose had had the nerve to say that he and I, what we did were the same!

 He'd fucking left her! Stolen the money she would need to survive and gone off, leaving her — a defenceless, thirteen-year-old girl — in the streets!

 When I'd left her, I'd made certain that she would be safe. Hell, I'd only left her to keep her safe!

 I'd made sure that she would be watched to ensure her safety. I'd even contacted Jenna, her bestfriend so that she would have someone to help her through the pain.

 What, she thought that it was a coincidence that Jenna showed up in the hospital that day? I'd made sure she would! I'd made sure that she wouldn't be alone.

 It hadn't been an easy task, either. Jenna hated me. When I told her what I was going to do — what I had to do — she'd begged me not to do it.

 She'd asked me to think of another way to keep Rose safe.

 I'd told her the cold, hard truth; there was no other way. If I wanted to keep Rose safe, I had to cut off all ties to her. I couldn't keep contact with her like Jake did with Angie.

 Angie was famous. Well-known and beloved. Killing her would result in a uproar.

 Rose, on the other hand, was unknown. Nobody knew who she was. It would be so easy for anyone to get rid of her.

 Besides, I didn't think that it was fair to her. To be told to wait for me.

 I guess, I'd thought that she would wait for me on her own. That she wouldn't be able to get over me.