CHAPTER SIX

~     T  H  E     T  R  A  I  N  I  N  G     S  E  S  S  I  O  N     ~

⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝     R  O  S  E    ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞

"Okay, what are we doing here?" I asked, looking around at the treadmill, bench press and all the other stuff in Sean's personal gym.

 It was a couple days after that night when Sean had come to the apartment hurt and he had asked me if he could call me 'Rose'.

 For reasons that I didn't want to say and didn't quite completely understand, I'd agreed. After that, he'd been calling me 'Rose' and this morning he'd asked me to meet him in the gym wearing the trainers he brought me.

 So, I'd changed into the Nike trainers I'd bought that day we went shopping, threw on a sports bra, a tank top and a pair of tights before I came into the gym to find Sean running on the treadmill, thankfully not shirtless.

 He was so engrossed in what he was doing, earbuds blaring loud music into his ears and eyes locked ahead that he didn't notice when I walked up to him and asked him what we were doing here.

 "Hey, Usain Bolt!" I yelled, grabbing an earbud and tugging it out of his ears.

 He jerked in surprise as he turned to me, his hand coming down and powering down the treadmill before he got down from it and onto the ground, standing in front of me, breathing heavily.

 "Mind explaining to me what I'm doing here?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and putting my hands on my hips.

 Sean didn't answer me but walked to the middle of the room where a large mat was laid on the floor, wiping the sweat off of his forehead with a towel.

 "Whatever it is, it better be good," I drawled as I walked after him. "You've ruined my plans to sit on the couch and binge watch Vampire Diaries."

 Sean rolled his eyes at that. "Fuck that stupid show. This is important You're here because you're a trainee and trainees, well, train," he explained, sounding just a little breathless from all the running he had been doing.

 "And what specifically would I be training to do?"

 "That depends on what you're good at," Sean shrugged.

 "Huh?" I frowned, confused.

 "Look, your good with a gun but here everyone has to be good with a gun," Sean continued, thinking deeply. "Hey, you're not good with computers by any chance, are you? 'Cause if you are, I can just drop you off at IT."

 "Um," I was baffled. "What do you mean 'good with computers'?"

 "You know, hacking and all those things?"

 I burst into laughter at that.

 "What?" Sean looked at me, surprised.

 "I couldn't hack if you held me at gunpoint!" I laughed, remembering all those times that Jenna, my roommate and the only friend I'd ever made had tried to teach me how to hack and stuff.

 She was surprisingly good with computers and had tried to pass down her skills onto me. It was a mission that had failed spectacularly.

 I smiled, fondly remembering how after an hour of me trying and failing spontaneously Jenna would be red with anger, swears tumbling out of her lips at my absolute inability to understand and follow her instructions, not to mention my constant yawns.

 "You sure?" Sean asked, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes as he spoke mock-sweetly. "I could go and grab my gun right now."

 "Point that thing at me and I will cut off your balls and feed them to you!" I retorted, my voice equally sugary-sweet.