CHAPTER SEVEN

~     T  H  E     C  O  N  D  A  D  O     B  E  A  C  H     R  E  S  O  R  T     

P  R  O  J  E  C  T     ~

⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝  ⤝   S E A N   ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞  ⤞

It was early morning, just a couple minutes past 8 A.M.

 The time of the day when I walked into my office and sat down in the immensely comfortably chair in front of my desk, a Starbucks coffee usually in my hand, energized by it and ready to begin the day's work.

 It was hard work, really. Being CEO of a vast company such as Dyor Global but, it was a job that I'd come to like a lot.

 Mostly because I'd discovered that I liked architecture and since the biggest proportion of Dyor Global's profits came from real estate developments such as luxurious hotels, popular clubs and casinos, resorts in popular tourist destinations and even sumptuous private homes, it was the place to be if you're an architect.

 Of course, being the CEO meant that I was responsible for overall management of Dyor Global and not just the architecture and real estate division but I was heading the San Juan Condado Beach resort project.

 And so far I was loving the job! My team was filled with talented, good-humored workers who each seemed to truly love designing the luxury resort.

 I knew Rose would want to be on that team. Not for the architecture and designing but for the advertising and promotion of the resort.

 And I was going to give her the chance to be on that team. It was the perfect way to get close to her again, she would have to work with me a lot.

 It was my new plan to wear down her defenses and get her to admit to herself the fact that she still loved me. My plan to get her back.

 I was ready to do it; I'd asked one of my assistants to notify her when she came into work that she had a meeting with me.

 I'd thought about going down to her office myself but that would start whispers and rumors. Afterall, why would the CEO go to the office of a lowly assistant manager of advertising and promotion? Rose would become famous throughout the company and not in a good way either.

 I knew she wouldn't want that so, I'd asked her to meet me. Not so unusual and since my office was the only one on this floor and the only personnel here were me and my assistants, nobody would know.

 I was ready to meet her as I woke up today and headed into the shower to get ready for the day.

 I'd been ready to meet her ever since the idea struck me in San Juan.

 But I couldn't. Not until she came to work, anyway.

 So, to pass time, I took out my phone and saw that I'd gotten a text from Nate, telling me that he'd released his new album and that he was throwing a party tonight to celebrate. A party he insisted I attend.

 In reply, I congratulated him and told him that I would drop by tonight and check out his party.

 The furious reply I got made me smile. 

From: Nate

Hell no! You don't drop by a party bro! No, you go to a party and stay there and have fun! Come on man! It'll be fun. I'll even introduce you to some girls so you can get laid! 😉 😆

Girls. Ever since I went back to my family, Nate had been trying to set me up with girls. The girls he introduced me to were nice, I had to give him that. They were beautiful and — to my surprise — smart, with jobs that they were passionate about and money to sustain themselves.