~ The first sign of trouble~

Start from the beginning

"Yes... There was a cardboard opener involved" You sighed. "I had it in hand when I heard Keith wrestling with that... guy! I didn't think, I just ran and used it since I had it" You said.

"I don't blame you for wanting to protect him but I do agree that you should have checked on Keith first. You sounded like some blood-thirsty monster with the kind of tone you had" Ms Jones said.

"You heard everything?" You frowned.

"Every single word" Ms Jones answered.

"I'm sorry about the noise" You apologised.

"I'm just glad no one was killed. Keith has a temper and you have a fire inside you that no one can control. Just make sure that you don't burn each other" Ms Jones smiled.

"I'll try not to," You said.

"Do or do not, there is no try" Ms Jones giggled.

"Was that a Star Wars quote Ms Jones?" You laughed.

"Blame my son for being all nerdy at home. And his wife was no help either, I think she made him even nerdier after they started meeting each other!" Ms Jones said. You laughed for a good while. You started to think where this relationship could take you if you allowed it. Maybe if you just let the current take you away, you might find a place more beautiful than anything you had ever seen.

Little did you know that there was someone standing outside, waiting.

...

You walked outside Ms Jones' apartment and noticed a small piece of paper on the floor. You closed the door and picked the paper up. It was a business card. It was a card for your workplace and it had a number scribbled on the back of it. It also came with a name, Dylan. You scrunched the paper and threw it in the gap of the stairs and watched it fall.

HUNK

You drove to your workplace biting your lip. For a week all things had been quiet with Hunk and your dad. He didn't seem on edge but you could feel some kind of tension between the two of them. You were working casually when you heard your father ask, "Hunk, can I have a glass of water?" Hunk stopped what he was doing and looked at him

"Okay, do you want ice in it?" Hunk asked.

"Just a couple" Your father answered. Hunk nodded and walked inside. The thing was, there wasn't a freezer where he could store the ice. You wondered how Hunk was ever going to put ice into his drink. Hunk then came outside with a paper cup with ice cubes in it. You looked at the cup with utter confusion. "Thanks, Hunk" your father smiled.

"No worries, let me know if you want more" Hunk said.

"Sure thing" Your father replied. You flicked your eyes between the two of them and kept working. "Oh wait, I left my phone inside, can you get it for me?" Your father asked.

"Dad," you snapped. Your father held his hand up and waited for Hunk's response.

"I'll have a look inside," Hunk said. He stopped what he was doing again and walked towards the door. Suddenly your father reached into his back pocket and let out a laugh.

"Oh, whoops, it was in my back pocket. Sorry about that Hunk" Your father apologised.

"It's okay" Hunk smiled. You frowned at your father and walked over to Hunk.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

"I'm actually really scared right now" Hunk answered.

"Don't let him scare you with all his tests and stuff" You smirked.