Chapter Five

Percy sighed as he walked towards the lacrosse field. This was not something he had seen himself doing when he decided to come to beacon hills. But he also didn't see himself having a half brother he'd have to worry about either. But something in Percy's mind made him wonder what it'd be like if he lived in this town his whole life.  No monsters, no great prophesies, no dead friends, but no Annabeth.

Percy pushed the thoughts of his dead girlfriend away and decided that maybe he needed Lacrosse. Maybe he could be a normal teenager for just a little bit. Maybe that's what he needed right now.  

"Hey Percy!" A loud voice said from next to him. He glanced over to see a green eyed strawberry blonde smiling up at him. Next to her was Allison who have him a small smile.
"Hello?" He responded confused.
"I heard Jackson invited you to my party, well just wanted to see if you're coming! Allison's coming, she's going with Scott."

Percy raised an eyebrow and let out an awkward laugh before shrugging. If Scott was going and a new werewolf he was going to be going through his first full moon he had to make sure nobody got hurt.
"Yeah sure," Percy said with a fake smile, "I'll be there."

Coaches whistle cut through the air and Percy excused himself from the awkward situation and jogged over to the huddle.

"Let's go! Gather round! Bring it in, come on! Come on!" Coach announced at the stragglers.

Percy found himself next to Scott who was waving at Allison through the huddle. Percy rolled his eyes at the action but was surprised to see coach noticed it as well.
"Got a question, McCall?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
"What?" Scott asked
"You raised your hand. Do you have a question?" Coach asked slowly.
"Oh - No. I was just, uh - Nothing. Sorry."
"Okay," Coach responded before looking at everyone and smiling, "You know how this goes. If you don't make the cut, you're most likely sitting on the bench for the rest of the season. You make the cut - You play. Your parents are proud. Your girlfriend loves ya! Huh? Everything else is, uh - Cream cheese. Now, get out there and show me whatcha got! Come on!"

Some of the guys cheered but Percy found himself sighing as they started the drills of tryouts.
First thing they did was starting off on a two mile run around the field. Percy found himself pretty much jogging the whole time but his pace was still faster then most on the team. He came in third finishing behind Scott and Jackson. After a short water break they did a small passing drill. Percy was matched up with Stiles and both of them pretty much struggled with it, but towards the end Percy was getting decent at catching Stiles wild passes. After that they did a a 1v1  drill where coach decided to stick Percy as the one defender at the start. Where Percy found out that he was pretty good at hitting people to the ground, and knocking the ball out of other peoples sticks. The only people that scored on him were Scott, Jackson, and a guy he think was named Isaac. After that drill it was another water break where coach pulled him aside.

"You're on first line kid," he announced, " That defensive aggressive is just what we need! So congrats. You can go ahead and sit the scrimmage out go get some ice."

"Alright, Thanks," Percy said nodding. Coach nodded and slapped Percy on the back where he suddenly realized his body was in a lot of pain.
So he grabbed water and sat down on the bench with a huff next to Stiles and watched the scrimmage.

As Percy sat there next to his half brother he didn't know what to do, he didn't know what to say. But as he saw Scott suddenly flip over three defenders Percy suddenly asked Stiles, "What the hell is up with your friend? From what I heard yesterday in the locker room Scott's an asthmatic, and I haven't seen him use his inhaler once while flipping over people!"