Chapter Eight|| Making Things Work

Start from the beginning

He wore a cris, clean suit and it hugged his shoulder perfectly. I could sigh in awe.

"Oliver." I said with a small smile and he returned one shutting the door behind him.

"What's got you winded up, love?" He asked as he unbuttoned the two buttons of his jacket and pulled it off his broad shoulders and laid it carefully on the desk's chair.

"Work." I said as he took the spot next to me.

Ever since what happened in his office just a few nights ago he's taken over my mind. I fall asleep dreaming of him and wake up yearning for him. My mind drifted to that night.

"I choose you." I mumbled again clutching his jacket tightly.

I couldn't believe this was happening. I was with him, and he was with me... holding me.

He pulled back slightly meeting my eyes.

"What made you change your mind?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I couldn't get you off my mind. You were my every thought and I just knew when those three days were up I was going to choose you. Max came and saw me. I told him everything and he only made me open my eyes. There was no malice, no hatred, no bitterness, but I know he is hurt. You can't just forget five years." I told him and he seemed shocked.

"He just gave you over willingly?" He asked.

"I think he knew... he knew I would choose you." That look in Max eyes told me so.

"I was so hellbent on not breaking my promise to him. Though, I wanted to be with you. I wanted to be in your arms, I wanted to feel your touch, I wanted to hear your voice, and he knew that. He knew he could never give me what my body and mind yearned for, so he made a choice... and that was to let me go." Oliver cupped my cheeks looking at my longingly.

"Im here now." He said pulling me back to his chest and I closed my eyes resting my head against him.

The sickness had already left my body and instead I was feeling the pleasure of the shocks.

"What do you think about that?" I heard Oliver say bringing my from my thoughts. I blinked up at him.

"What?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I asked if you would like to get dinner with me tomorrow? I feel we need to get to know one another more. We kind of got off on a rough start." He said and I let out a small laugh.

"Sorry about that," I mumbled and he just shrugged. "But I'd love to." I told him and a smirk crawled its way onto his face.

"Sounds like a date." He said and I was only curious to know more about him.

I wanted that snarky alpha that left me that note on my door. I knew he was in there somewhere but I felt he was scared he'd break the ice. He felt as if he was already walking on it and he didn't want to jeopardize anything. It made me feel weak.

"A date it is." I said and he leaned forward placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow night." He winked and stood sticking his hands in his pockets.

"I have to go finish up some papers at the office, but i'll text you?" I just nodded watching as he grabbing his jacket and tossed it over his arm.

"Sleep tight, Emily." He told me walking to the door.

I looked down at my hands. How is he still even wanting me after what I did to him? I wouldn't want me.

****

"I have a surprise for you." Tanner said grinning as we got out of the car.

We had a long day of work and now we were heading back to the rooms. We walked down the familiar halls leading towards the place we slept every night. A place that was started to become home.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"You're just going to have to see for yourself. I left it in your room." He winked.

"Well, okay then." I said chuckling.

I made my way to my door and put my keycard in unlocking it and walked in with Tanner trailing behind me.

"Surprise!!" Brian and Claire said doing spirit fingers and I laughed as my eyes landed on him.

"Miss me?" Wesley asked and I grinned walking to him and pulled him into a hug.

"Of course I did." I said pulling back and he grinned. "Back home at the FBSI is boring without you guys." He stated and Brian snorted.

"Obviously. We're the only fun people there." Brian said and I shook my head at him as the others laughed.

Everything seemed to be laughs and giggles, but that weight was sinking on my chest as horrible scenarios played in my mind. I can't lose Wesley. I can't lose any of them. I just can't.

"So I heard I need to track a pain in the ass?" Wesley said speaking up.

"Indeed." I mumbled and he noted my hesitancy.

"We're going to win." Wesley told me.

" Wesley told me

I hope so.

________________________________________________________________________

AHHH WESLEY IS PLAYED BY DYLAN O'BRIEN!!!!!!!!

I promise the book is going to start getting into the plot more. Just know this book will have a lot more of the main girl and other characters since they're agents and after a bad guy. It won't just be the main girl and her mate. Sorry!

But the book will obviously still feature their relationship and watch it grow.

This book is going to be... different.

Oh and the ending... you're going to scream.

That's right. I got it all planned out ;)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Someone please re-read this and comment where errors are. Its late and I'm too lazy to re-read it tonight. :)