CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

After realizing that I was no longer home, I stopped my tracked and then looked around. I noticed that I was at the park. I sat down on the bench and pulled my knees up then rested my chin on my knee.

I closed my eyes and can't help but cry. Not in the eight years that he abused me that it ever crossed my mind that he will actually try to rape me.

I sat there crying for god knows how long until I felt someone sat next to me. I looked up and saw the person that I didn't really wanted to see right now. Brandon

"What are you doing here?" I asked him

"I should be asking you the same thing.  It's already dark out here and I noticed that you've been sitting here for at least two hours. Are you ok?"

"What it's to you?" Two hours really?  I guess time flies when your crying.

"You can tell me maybe I can help you." he said shrugging.

"I don't need your help. What are you doing here anyway? Are you spying on me?"

"No! But that's a nice thought though. I actually live right across the street from this park."he explained.

"Oh!" was all I said.

"Come on! You must be hungry. My mom made some really awesome Pot Roast." he said while offering his hand on me. I was a bit reluctant to take his offer but I must admit that I am starving and Pot Roast just sounds delicious.

"I won't take no for an answer. And just so you know I might come as a jerk or an asshole to you but I do have a heart and I won't let you sit here by the dark by yourself and cry. So come on. My family don't bite." he joked trying to light up the mood.

We walked a few feet towards his house and he opened up the front door.

"Come on in to my humble abode." he said giving me a smile.

I went inside and the aroma of the Pot Roast hit me like a tons of bricks. Then I suddenly felt my stomach growling.

"Honey is that -- Oh hello!" she said

"Mom, this is friend Angela, Angela meet my mom." Brandon said introducing me to his mom.

"Goodevening Mrs.  Tomlinson"

"Please you can call me Dawn." she said

"You've got a really nice house." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh thank you! Brandon, honey can you get the table ready. Dinner's almost ready."

"Ok mom!"

While Brandon was getting the table ready Dawn and I was making small talk.

"You know, I'm pretty surprise to see Brandon bring a girl home. After what happened to that - wait, Brandon what's her face again?" she asked.

"Mom! I don't think Angela wants to know about her. And please her name is Veronica and not 'what's her face'" he said while rolling his eye.

"Right! Anyway, she claimed that Brandon got her pre-" but she was cut off mid sentence.

"Mom!"

"Alright! Alright! Never mind" she said going back to finishing up the Pot Roast.