CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Hearing those words from Brandon's mouth was like a stab in my heart. I mean, I shouldn't even feel like this. I should've been used to it. But I thought he was different, knowing that just yesterday he wanted me to be his friend. I guess people do change fast.

I don't even know why I care, but in a way at first I kind of somehow felt like someone did really care about me. I guess I was wrong. Not having someone to care for me and love for the past few years made me feel like I was suddenly longing for that. 

Shaking my thoughts away, I made it to my class with 5 minutes to spare.  I sat down on my usual seat and tried to stretch out my sleeves down so that my bruises will remain unseen.

Just when I thought that no one has seen it Brandon spoke.

"That's alot of bruises. How did you get it?" he asked.

Crap! I didn't even noticed him walked in.

"I fell on my tub." I mumbled.

I was hoping that he'd believe my lie but by the looks that he's giving me tells me that he didn't. He was about to say something when the teacher walked in.

After my Calculus class, I went straight to my locker to grab my Biology book. A piece of paper fell onto the floor. Looking at it from a far, I noticed that the paper had my name on it. I picked it up and slowly opened it and it read...

'Angela, I know your secret. I know about your abusive father. Meet me by the football field after school today. If you don't I might as well spill your secret.'

Reading the note gave me chills down my spine at the same time fear came over me.  I was scared that whoever this person is, might actually do spill my secret and tell everyone just how I have an abusive father. He might be abusive but I didn't wanted to die yet.

I looked around to see if there's anything odd, but their was not. I am a bit clueless on whoever it is. But I do have someone in mind. Brandon.

I grabbed my book and closed my locker. If someone knew the real me, would be able to tell that I am angry beyong angry. How dare he threatened me like that. All I wanted for him was to leave me the fuck alone. It's not like I did anything bad to him.

I walked down the hallway to look for him. It didn't take me too long to find him as I can hear Allison's voice from a mile a way.  I looked at him and saw her clinging on to his arms and his arms wrapped around her waste.

Mark saw me approach his group and wishpered something on Allison's ear. She giggled and once I was standing in front of Brandon, she stood infront of him as him she was trying to defend him.

"Can I help you freak? " she asked.

"I need to talk to Brandon...alone!" I said trying to make myself sound tough.

"Well, he doesn't want to speak to you. My boyfriend doesn't want to talk to any loser."

I started feeling uncomfortable with the amount of attention we're getting from the students that are now listening to us. I looked at him and quickly looked away and started playing with my fingers, which by the way is what I usually do when I am very nervous.

"T-t-that's fine! Sorry!" I said nervously. I turned around and started walking away when Brandon called me from behind.

"Wait! What do you need Angela?" he asked as he approached me.

"Uhm...never mind. It's okay. I get it, you finally made new friends. I just needed to asked you if this note was from you? I found it inside my locker, someone slipped it in their."

I gave him the piece of paper I had and he read it.

"Secret? What secret?Your father is abusing you? Is that why you have bruises all over your arms?"

Shit! It clearly isn't him. I yanked the paper from him and folded it back.

"Never mind! Forget I asked you. Thank you anyway." with that I took off running wondering who this person is.

So many questions playing in my mind. Who is he or she? What do they want from me? How did they found out? Oh god! My end is near, I can seriously feel it. I should be making my arrangement with the funeral homes, choose which casket I want, and what color. I should tell them too to bury me next to my mom.

Oh God! I am so dead. I'm hoping that my father will not find out about this.