Chapter 8|Life-Ruining Lie

Sorry for the late update, but I just didnt feel like writing much. And I usually get distracted by so many stupid things. Like; editing, Netflix, phone dies (Not a distraction, but meh), Instagram (I havent even been posting a lot lately), writers block, and etc.

Idk if you're already bored with this book or not, because of the late updates and sometimes I think this story is rushed.

Thanks if you're still reading.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Erza?" a girl called. Erza turned around to see Mira.

"M-Mira?" Erza was pale.

"Oh, shit. . ." Jellal muttered.

"M-Mira! What are we- u-uh, I mean, YOU doing there-? Um, here(!), I meant," Erza panicked. Jellal wanted to laugh, but he was panicking, too. His arm was still linking to hers.

"It's the Blue Gala, of course I came. It only happens once in 5 years. It's our first times," Mira replied with a smile on her face. Her date was Freed, surprisingly. She doesn't like him that way, but both of them didn't have a date, so they went together. Freed wanted to go with Laxus, but he went with Cana instead, and now, he completely regrets it.

"I thought you guys hated each other? Why are you his date, Erza?" Freed asked.

"U-uh. . ." Erza's mind was blank. Erza wanted to say, 'help me!' to Jellal, but she didn't want Freed and Mira to hear.

Jellal got her message with the way she's acting. "You're right. Why would we be each other's date? We're enemies, so it's obvious that she isn't my date, right? Besides, I'm--" Erza decided to cut him off with the most idiotic lie ever.

"He's gay, didn't you know?" Mira and Freed's jaws dropped.

Jellal's eyes widened. "What the hell, Erz- Ow!" Erza stepped on his foot.

"Y-you're gay?" a male voice asked, with an awkward and surprised tone. Jellal turn around to find Simon.

"WHAT?! NO! ERZA'S--"

"Erza's telling the truth," she smirked. Jellal's eye twitched. He never knew his life was going to be THIS complicated.

"WHAT?!" Jellal shouted.

"Hey, Freed? Let's go get some cupcakes. I need clear my head," Mira said, looking like she could get shattered to pieces in just a minute. She couldn't believe it. She just started shipping them, and now she finds out that one of them is gay. . . Poor her.

"I'M NOT- OW! WILL YOU STOP THAT?!" Jellal yelled at Erza, after she stepped on his foot again. Well, we should pity Jellal more.

Simon sighed. "Jellal, my friend. I remember all those times you talked about your celebrity and anime crushes. They were all girls. I'm sorry that you had to force yourself to make up those lies. Just know that your buddy, Simon is always here. You can tell me anything. I won't judge you, because you're my best friend. You never judged me, so I hope, next time, you will trust me with your secrets." What a speech. Jellal looked like he could explode any second. He absolutely hates Erza right now. More than anything. Even more than the guy who stole his crush in elementary.

Erza faked a gasp, "you didn't tell your own best friend?" she wanted to laugh so hard. She may felt a tiny bit of guilt, but that's the only lie she could come up with to cover up the truth.

"I just hope you don't love me, because you know I'm in love with someone else," Simon added while blushing. His crush was in front of him, after all.