Don't Hurt Him

Nico's POV

He had bruises all over his face, his body just lying on the ground as some slightly older boys beat him. Leo was hurt.

"Don't fucking hurt him!" I yelled at the three boys beating up Leo.

"Hey look it's the other fag." One of them chuckled. I couldn't help it, I got too angry. I watched as skeleton people started to attack the three boys. They ran out of the bathroom, the skeletons following them.

"Leo?" I asked as I rushed over to him. He was barely breathing.

How long has he been in here?

I started to cry. I kissed his forehead and picked him up. As I walked to the infirmary I continued to cry. Piper and Annabeth rushed over to me when they saw me.

"Nico?" Piper asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I couldn't take it anymore, my knees buckled and I fell to the ground. I still had Leo in my arms and I hugged him tightly, sobbing into his shoulder. Piper called for help and Annabeth called for Jason and Percy. Jason was the first to arrive. He pulled me away from Leo and picked him up, running him to the infirmary. I curled up into a ball with my head between my knees and continued to cry.

He's not dead. I kept telling myself that over and over again.

"Nico, he will be fine. Some kids just beat him up. He will live." Piper was rubbing my back trying to calm me down.

I know he is going to live, but he is still hurt. I didn't know people were beating him up and calling him names, but I should have.

"The Apollo kids said Leo should be fine, once he wakes up they will let him go." Jason said as he sat down next to me. "Hey man, everything is going to be alright." He said, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"No, everything is not going to be alright!" I yelled. "I should have been told that he had told the camp he was bi. I should have been told that the whole camp is now talking about us behind our backs and then beating Leo up when he is vulnerable!" Jason, Piper, Annabeth, and Percy all hugged me.

"Listen Nico, I know that everything is sort of messed up right now, but it will get better here as soon as Leo wakes up. Leo knew what he was getting himself into when he told the camp his big secret, and he was willing to get beat up if it meant you didn't get hurt. He isn't going to die, and he is going to be with you for as long as he can."  Annabeth whispered in my ear. After everyone stopped hugging me I stood up and walked to the infirmary.

I saw Leo lying in a bed. I quickly made my way over to him. I grabbed his hand and sat down next to his bed. I squeezed his hand a little and started to let go of it but Leo squeezed my hand back. I smiled as the remaining tears ran down my face. Piper, Jason, Annabeth, and Percy all stood on the opposite side of Leo's bed. They smiled.

"See Nico?" Annabeth said. I nodded, smiling more. My thumb made small circular motions on Leo's hand. He squeezed my hand tighter.

"Leo?" I whispered. He smiled a little and opened his eyes.

"Well that was crazy wasn't it?" He chuckled, his voice hoarse. I laughed, nodding and crying. "Oh come on Nico don't cry." Leo whispered, wipping the tears off my cheeks.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. Leo shook his head.

"Don't be sorry. None of this is your fault." He whispered. I bent down and kissed him lightly on the lips. He smiled. "You gonna help me up here?" He asked. I chuckled. Once he was up I helped him outside.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded with a smile.

"Can we go somewhere so we can talk?" He asked. I nodded. "Lets go to the beach." He whispered. When we got there we sat down next to each other.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." Leo whispered.

"Sorry about what?"

"I feel like I've been pretty distant." He muttered.

"It's fine Leo." I whispered.

"No it isn't Nico." I saw tears in his eyes. "I keep checking, making sure you're okay, but when you leave I do exactly what I tell you not to do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Ok so I saw The Fault In Our Stars last night. Barely cried until the credits started to play and then I started sobbing.  Anyway, next update might me tonight I'm not sure. Bye and enjoy this shit ass chapter!