A Date?

Leo's POV

I got Hazel and Piper to help me set up a picnic on the beach for me and Nico. It looked pretty nice, a Dora blanket was spread out on the white sand and a basket with a few slices of pizza and apple juice in it sat in the middle of the blanket. I was hoping that maybe I could ask Nico something very important this evening when he came, if he came.

Hazel promised she would get him down here by 6 when everyone else was eating dinner. It is now 5:50 and I was getting really nervous. Piper was telling me to calm down, that Nico would love it and he would say yes. But even a daughter of Aphrodite couldn't always be sure about that. I sat on the blanket waiting for Nico.

"I got him for you Leo." Hazel said, standing behind me with a very confused looking Nico standing next to her. She smiled and waved goodbye before running off with Piper.

"Leo w-what is this?" Nico asked as he sat down next to me, the picnic basket sat between us.

"Oh um I just I wanted to talk to you." I mumbled. He nodded. "But first lets eat, I don't know about you but I'm starving!" I said, laughing a little. Nico chuckled a little. I opened the picnic basket and got out some paper plates and the pizza and apple juice.

"Pizza and apple juice?" Nico raised an eyebrow.

"Don't judge my food and beverage selection di Angelo."

"Oh I'm not judging."

"Sure your not." I said, rolling my eyes and laughing.

By the time I finished two slices of pizza, Nico was half way done with one slice. We drank the apple juice and ate the pizza in silence. The sun was just starting to set making the sky a beautiful shade of orange. I was tempted to pick Nico up and throw him into the water, but I know he can't swim so I didn't.

I looked over at him and he seemed to be gazing at the setting sun. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, but I hope he's thinking about how nice this is.

Wait is it nice that I set up a picnic? I hope it is. I looked away and watched the water.

I imagined a nice summer day, the camp was silent except for the sounds of swords hitting other swords in the arena, Nico and I were laughing and talking and just hanging out. I imagined him suddenly wanting to learn how to swim and me teaching him how, laughing every time he tried to run away from the waves that would occasionally come our way.

I was suddenly brought out of Leo Land by Nico shaking me a little.

"You okay Leo?" He asked. I nodded.

"Just thinking." I said. He nodded and put down his second slice of pizza.

"Why did you do this? And why did you use a Dora blanket?"

"I thought it would be nice. And about the Dora blanket, it was the best one I could find." Nico laughed.

"This is nice, but what is the reason for it besides the fact that you thought it would be nice?"

"Well yeah about that..." I was about to continue, but I needed to think for a minute.

Is this the right thing to do? Right after I fixed the whole comparing him to Calypso problem? I really want to ask him, but I don't know what he will say.

There is no going back now.

"Nico I have to ask you something." He nodded for me to go on. "I-I really like you Nico and I know that I messed up by comparing you to Calypso, but I really, really like you and I didn't mean to do that. Nico I want to ask you to be my b-boyfriend. So w-will you be my b-boyfriend?" I looked at him, and as usual his expression was unreadable.

"Leo I really like you too." He said, he looked at me and I nodded for him to continue, hope spreading throughout my chest. I think he will say yes. I hope he will say yes. He was smiling now.

"Leo-"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hey! Here is the next update. I don't know if there will be another update this weekend or not. But for now enjoy this! You will love me after the next chapter I promise :).