Gerald threw him a ‘what the fuck’ look and he could do nothing but shrug his shoulders and be ready if things got ugly.  Both CJ and the pregnant girl were werewolves and as everybody knew, they were not the most stable of creatures out there.  Any bloody thing could happen.  At last Bronwyn got up and faced the girl.  For a long while they do nothing but measure each other as they stared and stared.

 A sudden screech that would make a banshee blush filled the air and the two girls went at each other.  What fazed Wesley was that the dude did nothing but slap his hands over his ears as the girls wrapped their arms around each other while they bounced up and down so hard Wesley thought the baby would drop out.

“For fucks sakes!  Can’t you two ever do this quietly?!”

Bronwyn and the pregnant girl totally ignored CJ as they continued to bounce up and down like freaking rubber balls as the squeals continued.

“Why on earth didn’t you let me know you were coming?  I would never have gone away.”  Bronwyn hesitated and flashed a glance towards Wesley.  Something bright flashed in her eyes before she closed them and sighed.  “Maybe.”

The pregnant girl heard that and shot Bronwyn a look of disbelief.  “What?!  You would not have made time for your sworn sister?”  The girl, who Wesley now realized would be the ever notorious Glenda, planted her fists in her sides; or rather where her sides were supposed to be if not for the huge swollen belly she was lugging around.

Bronwyn ignored her friend’s rant and sank down to her knees again as she ran her hands over the huge baby bump over and over again.  With her eyes closed, she held her ear to the bump like it was a shell and she was hoping to hear the ocean.

When her eyes opened, they were drawn to him and she found his eyes with an uncanny precision.  Sucking in a silent breath at the range of different emotions running through her beautiful eyes, he stared as the hope and promise made way for look filled with so much longing that he instinctively moved towards her.  Knowing that he would not be able to keep his paws off of her if he touched her now, he stopped just behind her so that he was close enough to her to feel the heat coming from her.  And still her eyes were locked on his as the whole world faded away to insignificance.

“Seriously?!  You have got to be kidding me!”  Glenda pouted at the picture perfect moment.  “I could bloody well have told her ages ago!”

“You couldn’t.  Not before …” CJ said as he looked at Wesley with a subtle warning in his eyes.

Wesley closed his eyes and opened them to help Bronwyn up from the floor, allowing himself a short moment to hold her close to him.  “She knows.”

Bronwyn leaned into Wesley to borrow some strength from him.  Seeing her best friend here obviously ment that she was either a shifter, mated to one, or very close to be allowed in here.  As if he was able to sense her inner turmoil, he drew her into his body and silently offered his support.  His hands gave her a gentle squeeze and she stepped away from him as she turned to look at her friend closely.

Apart form the huge belly and the unmistakable glow, Glenda looked exactly the same.  So she looked closer, and took note of how close CJ was keeping an eye on her.  OK, that was definitely a wolf trait, as was the easily excitable mood.  Thinking back Bronwyn could now recognize all the little signs that she did not know about back then.  Now, it made perfect sense to her.  As did the reason for her friend moving away so suddenly before the started high school.  Obviously, she had met CJ during that time, and she had to follow him to wherever his pack was.  The teeny tiniest bit of resentment she still had inside for loosing her best friend without warning dissolved.