Chapter 10

Her question burned in him.  For a moment he struggled to breathe; and when he did; he exhaled slowly.  With strong fingers; he hooked her chin in one hand and lifted her red face up to his.

“Are you sure you want to know why I haven’t kissed you here; in our dreams?”

Although she was mortified that she had asked something like that; she honestly wanted to know why he hadn’t.  She had seen the way he looked at her; the way his eyes would rest on her lips when she was talking.  The way he tensed when she happened to lick her lips to moisten them.  Heaven knows she had wanted him to kiss her.

Shyly Bronwyn nodded her head as she looked away from the fire in his eyes before it consumed her.

“Look at me when I talk to you Kitten.”  His voice was full of authority as he practically demanded she look at him.

No matter how hard she fought; her eyes obeyed and found his.  They widened almost instantly when she noticed how close his face was to hers.  Was he going to kiss her now?

Wesley dragged his thumb gently across her jawbone; rubbing along the soft skin of her face.  With every stroke; his thumb moved closer to her lips.  After nearly a century or two; the tip of his thumb grazed at the bottom of her lip; making her gasp softly.

“Have you ever been kissed before Kitten?”  His voice sounded distant through the loud thrumming in her ears.

As she shook her head in denial; her lips brushed against his fingers.  It felt so good she did it again, slowly.

“If you have not been kissed; how would you know what to imagine, what to expect?”  He inched closer to her; his face dropping lower until she could feel the heat of his breath in her mouth.  “I don’t want our first kiss to be imagined.”  A fire blazed to life in his eyes as they swept over her face hungrily.

“When I kiss you; I want to feel you in my arms.  I want to feel your heart beating against my chest; I want to feel the way you breathe.  And I want you to feel my arms around you, holding you.”

Bronwyn stared up at him; by now she was breathing so heavily that is was almost embarrassing; the heat in his gaze was the only thing keeping her from hiding her face behind a curtain of hair.

Wesley shut his eyes.  “When I touch my lips to yours; I want to be able taste you.  God knows I have tried to imagine what it would be like.  And trust me; I have imagined kissing you in so many ways; and still I know it will never be as good as when I really taste you for the first time.”  His eyes were almost pure gold when he opened them slowly to stare into hers.  “Believe me; when we kiss; it will be much better than anything you could possibly imagine.”

Bronwyn was lost in the heat that flashed all around her; the only thing she was capable of doing was starting at him.  Nothing else existed but the blazing warmth enfolding her; and when the scenery around her began fading; she did not notice it at all until it was too late.  She was waking up.  Desperately her hands searched for him as she fought against the growing dimness.  No matter how urgently she willed herself back to sleep; it did not happen and she slowly opened her eyes to the feint glow of morning shining from outside.

Bronwyn was nervous as she waited for him to pitch up for their usual morning run.  They had arranged a few days ago that she would be going to school with him this morning so that he could drop her off again after school.  When it was almost time for him to arrive; she went outside to wait for him.

The soft familiar sound of his car driving up the road alerted her and she looked up; watching as he gracefully swung his body out of the car.  At first glance her heart started beating loudly; pumping the blood through her veins until her face had too much of a glow in it.  He looked amazing this morning.  Actually, he always did.  But this morning there was something about him that she just could not put her finger on.  By the time he had reached her she had decided that he had a bit of a dangerous feel this morning.