Chapter 15

Next Day.

Amal's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror and planted a smile on my face, I was actually feeling really happy.

For the first time ever in my life, I was feeling really happy.

The wind blew in, the papers in my room fell on the floor. I quickly closed the window and bent down to pick up all the papers.

I picked up a few papers and placed them onto my bed, a few flew under my bed.

I sat down on the floor in front of my bed and picked up the two sheets, then my hand touched something else and I pulled it out to see the box.

I forgot I hid it there.

I looked at the box in front of me, my eyes brimmed with tears my happy mood disappeared somewhere else.

My fingers slowly traced the lid of the box. The smooth surface of it however what's in it is deadly.

Maybe I do want to see that a photo one last time.

I lied to Chris because I was still holding onto those memories. Those ones full of life and love.

I opened the box and looked down to see the photo just staring at me.

My thumb slowly stroked the edges of the photo.

Chris looked at me and let out a sigh. "You have to go."

I looked at him, my eyes brimmed with tears my lip trembled. "I-f I go th-that means it is real."I said as I looked at him. "I don't want it to be real."

Chris looked at me then took a hold of my hand and squeezed it. "You need to say goodbye because if you don't it'll kill you."

"This is already killing me." Tears streamed down my face.

"You have to say goodbye."

"If I do, that means it's real."

He squeezed my hand again. "I'll be with you every step of the way, I won't leave you no matter what."

"Amal!"Anouk said as she walked into the room.

I snapped out of my thoughts and wiped away the tears which streamed down my face.

I quickly put the lid on the box. "Yeah?"I said as I turned over my shoulder and looked at her.

"Have you been crying?"She asked as she looked at me with so much concern. "Why?"

"I haven't."I replied as I smiled. "Trust me I haven't."

She nodded at me and looked at me. She was dressed up in red and she had make up on. "What do you think?"

"You look really great."I said with a smile on my face. "What's the occasion?"

"A date with Chris."She replied as she clapped her hands together.

I plastered a hearty smile on my face and looked at her. "Hope everything works out for you both."

"I really think he is the one."Anouk said with a smile on her face. "I think I finally found the one."

"I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you."

But the smile faded away. "But what happens when you go back to Scotland and he goes?"