Unpredictable ~ Chapter 12.

Start from the beginning

I was scowling as Shinya droned on about nearly being 'Falcon punched' by Mito, behind us were 2 other snipers, too scared to even speak due to mine and Shinya's high status.

"God, I wish she hadn't missed." I interrupted him,

"You're so mean; anyway she didn't so that's too bad for you." He stuck his tongue out,

I fake laughed, "Keep it up and I'll make sure she won't."

He looked at me and laughed, "But you can't Y/N, tragic."

I summoned my rifle, "Well then, if I can't I can always bust a bullet in your ass now, what do you say?" I smiled sweetly, pointing it at him,

The 2 privates were ready to shit themselves, I would've laughed if Shinya wasn't getting on my last nerve,

"Fine you win," he put up his hands,

"I won a long time ago." I walked ahead of the lot, into the abandoned building ready to carry out the mission,

"Scary old lady, tsk." Shinya muttered under his breath,

"Old lady?" I quoted him,

"You should be calling me senpai you know."

"Didn't you just call me an 'old lady'?"

"The point still stands."

"Why is that some kink of yours?" I turned around to look at him,

"I really can't win with you." He rolled his eyes,

"I thought we established that already." I smirked, "By the way you're in the other building."

Shinya glared at me before turning to his private with a warm smile and leading her out.

I turned to mine and smiled softly, "Sorry you had to see that, what's your name?"

"Y-yato, Second Lieutenant L/N."

"Oh, Yato-kun feel free to drop the formalities, just call me Y/N."

"O-okay."

I summoned my rifle, "Oh, and relax. I'm not a scary person." I nearly snorted at what I just said, knowing Yato witnessed me threaten to shoot Shinya, even if he was thinking the same thing he definitely didn't show it,

"Y-yes ma- Y/N."

"Have you been informed of the mission?"

"Yes. We're to assassinate a noble vampire."

"Right. And you're a sniper like me, no?"

"Yes."

"So, to do your job well you have to relax yourself, in order to aim well. I don't know what you've heard about me or what impression you've got of me, they're most likely not true but put those aside for the mission, ok?" I spoke gently and smiled,

"Oh, sorry."

"No, no it's fine. Just take a few deep breaths and calm yourself. Control your breathing and steady your hand."

"Ok." He took a deep breath and summoned his weapon, aiming it at the spot the noble was going to be."

"We have four snipers on him, and he isn't a strong noble. One of us will get him, the plan is to shoot after one another, starting with Shinya's team- after I shoot you shoot, ok?"

"Understood." Yato had calmed down by now and was focused on the mission beforehand. Like me he had a sniper rifle, slightly bigger with a different body.

I smiled and nodded at him, before focusing in on the sight before me. It had been around 15 minutes before the noble finally showed up.

I sighed in relief as the mission was due to start in 5 minutes. He came walking into view, his white cloak trailing behind him as he came to meet with another random vampire.

Then it was time. As soon as the alarm quietly buzzed in our pockets, the first round was shot quickly following another one; the ordinary vampire had been shoot and quickly disintegrated.

Yato and I were responsible for the noble, if we missed that would mean the other soldiers hidden elsewhere would have to step in, possibly alerting the vampires of the current conflict.

Without wasting any time I fired my shot, which seemed to land in his foot as he glared down in frustration but just as he were looking up it was too late, as Yato's demon was already consuming the vampire, causing him to disintegrate.

I cheered putting out my hand for Yato to hi-five, "You're no joke!"

He chuckled and accepted it, "Thanks, Y/N." He smiled, the tension which was there earlier had mostly dissipated and he smiled.

"Whelp, that's our mission done, let's go and meet Shinya!"

We left the building and Shinya and his partner were already waiting for us.

"Oi, oi Yato-Kun!" Shinya nudged him, "That was definitely a good show. Even Y/N can't compare."

I ignored Shinya's comment and stretched walking ahead, "Let's go to the rest of the troops."