Idk what to name this yet | EddxHanahakiDiseased!reader |ᶠᴸᵁᶠᶠ| ✔️

Just in case:
Hanahaki Disease: a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love.

Another note: The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals. The Hanahaki disease is NOT harmless. You can die from it.

~(ᵞ/ᴺ)'ˢ ᴾ.ᴼ.ᵛ~

     I listen to the pitter patter of the rain hitting my window as I lay in my room, staring at the ceiling. My eyes start to water as I release a tiny cough, spitting a couple of petals out of my mouth. I sit up and pick up one of the petals on my bed.

     I look at it for a moment and start to rip the tiny thing apart. I throw the ripped pieces to the ground and bury my face into my hands. Ding! I gasp and feel a vibration in my pocket.

     I pull out my phone and see a message from Edd. I sigh and start to reply (*sends nude*).

Edd: (Y/n)? Are you okay? I haven't seen you in a couple of days and I'm getting worried...(worried that I can't have your body anymore)

(Y/n): Oh, sorry for making you worry, I just haven't been feeling well lately..

Edd: Is everything okay? Do I need to come over?

(Y/n): (oh yes and bring the condoms *lenny face*) NO! ...no, I'm fine, you don't have to.

Edd: ...I'm coming over (with condoms)

(Y/n): (Yesss Edd!) Nooo Edd!

He doesn't reply after that. No! He can't come over! (I forgot to get the whip! XD) I quickly stand up and run to the kitchen to search the drawers for a mask. It took a moment but I finally found a black doctor's mask to quickly put it on. I quickly grab the broom and run to my room to clean the recent flower petals I coughed up earlier this morning.

◴тιмєѕкιρ◷
(αftєr clєαníng hσuѕє)

A sudden knock was heard from the living room. "(Y/n)?" It was Edd. I run to the door. "Coming!" I hesitate to open the door. "Hey Edd..." "Is everything alright?" "Mhm." I hum, letting him in.

"There really was no reason for you to come over." I close and lean on the door. Edd turns around. "Well you haven't visited in a while and it kind of worried me..." He looks up so see my face. "Are you okay? Why are you wearing a mask?" He walks up to me, about to touch it as I quickly turn away. "Just came down with a little bit of the flu, that's all..."

"Will you be okay?" He puts his hands in his pockets. "Yep! Just some chicken noodle soup and I'll be fine!" I cough into my arm after I finished the sentence. "Hmm..." I didn't notice that he saw a single flower petal fell from under my mask. Edd gives a concerned look and backs away into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I follow him into the kitchen. I gasp as I see Edd pick up one of the petals I missed from under the table. 'Shoot!' He inspects it and looks at me. "...I told you to stop hanging out with him..." Edd gives a heartbreaking look.

I try to hold back the tears. "I-I know, b-but after I did stop, he came back and gave it to me, a-and he knew I was completely over him..." I hide behind the doorway, trying to hide my tears. "...He did this to you on purpose?" I silently nod. "Where is he now?" I flinch at the question.

"H-He's dead."

I wipe my tears. "When he came back, he kissed me and gave me the disease that was from his ex...and it happened after the last time I came to visit." I stop hiding in the doorway. He was comepletely turned to me.

"...If you're over him, then...then why are you coughing up petals?" I gasp as more tears fall from my eyes. I gulp and freeze, afraid of telling him the reason. I inhale and slide my mask down to my chin with one finger, causing a few more bloody petals to fall from my mask.

I feel something painfully knot up in my chest before saying these words. "I-It's okay, you don't have to worry about it, it's not like you would like the new me anyway, I-If anything, the new me could end up killing you...and I don't want that. I'm now an unlovable worthless piece of junk. I've always liked you...but as more than a friend. But you wouldn't like the new me so I'll just go..." I coughed up more blood and petals as I was talking and as I ran out the door right after. "(Y/N)!"

◴тιмєѕкιρ◷

I run and run until my legs couldn't carry me anymore. I found myself on a hilltop with a single tree on top of it. I lean on the tree as I begin to control my breathing.

     I fall on my hands and knees as I cry out loud, also throwing up a small puddle of blood and petals. I wipe my mouth with my sleeve and lean on the tree. "I'll be gone soon..." I look up at the sky and start to close my eyes.

     I soon doze off into a light slumber for a while but I wake up to the sound of footsteps coming up behind me, but I ignore it and keep my eyes shut.

     "(Y/n)?" I hear a familiar calming voice. I slowly open my eyes to see Edd kneeling down beside me. I turn my head, not able to simply look at him. (Rude! He obviously wants your attention! Don't ignore him like that! Not the precious cinnamon roll! Bad reader chan! *pokes*)

     "(Y/n)..." Edd grabs and holds my hand tightly as I turn my head towards his. He opens his mouth like he wants to say something, but couldn't get it out. More tears fell from my eyes as I run them off my face.

     He gave the same heartbreaking look, but more heartbreaking than before. He pulls me into a hug as I sit up and hug him tightly. "(SENPAI KISS ME ALREADY) Sorry..." "(ALRIGHT I'LL KISS YA *smoochity smooch*) Don't. Apologize." He pulls away and looks into my eyes (Muh bootyful eyes). "I'm sorry for not doing this sooner..(Edd: *pokes in boob* (Y/n): HEY NO TOUCHY...yet)" He places a soft passionate kiss on my lips. I melt into the kiss and soon realize something, pulling away.

     "E-EDD! The disease!" I gasp. "Don't worry, I'll always trust you to not to leave me." (Whoa putting that much trust already? What if you were a hoe? LOL JKJK just roll with it ok- sorry I'm done...for this chapter) I smile and hug him. "I love you, (Y/n)." He hold both of my hands and puts his forehead against mine. "I love you too Edd."

Theeee Endd

Ok I obviously got lazy in the end I tried to post this before June 3rd, 2018 (today) but I failed to I became lazy in the end. Just imagine a better ending lel, sorry I'm omw back to Oklahoma from Washington DC! AND I GOTS ME SOME SOUVENIRS! YEET

 Just imagine a better ending lel, sorry I'm omw back to Oklahoma from Washington DC! AND I GOTS ME SOME SOUVENIRS! YEET

YOU SEE HOW CLOSE WE ARE?! Sorry lel I know you don't care Ima just leave now lel