Chapter 16: Its what friends are for right?

Start from the beginning

The hallway lights were on, but they weren't bright, some would even flicker which creeped me out. A lot.

"Where have you been?"

"Waiting for you to finish your karaoke night in the bathroom"

She rolled her eyes before opening the door, Nino's stuff was pushed messily to one side, and his bed was next to Alya's. I missed her room, it was filled with so much adventure in a weird way. She had pictures of Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Rena Rouge.

Her side of the dorm could be summed up as a small museum dedicated to Miraculous Ladybug.

Ironic how there's actually one but she doesn't know of it.

I sat down on the bed, making the side dip a little. Alya sat beside me, her hair was gathered up in chunks of wet hair, her brown hazel eyes intently staring at her phone.

You would think she was all changed and ready but no, she still had her towel around her body. It's the level of friendship you need to see and feel comfortable seeing your friend naked, in the shower naked, or said friend with a towel covering her.

(This is something I legit do to a childhood friend shout out to her if she's reading my crap and internally cringing and probably reconsidering life decisions)

"Marinette" Her voice was stern, and yet her eyes were glued to her screen.

I hum in response, I knew there were at least 50 ways this conversation could go, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

"Can you help me with my homework?"

"Excuse me?"

"Don't excuse me, I let you in my little abode, don't think this shit is for free honey"

After that little statement, we burst into loud laughter. It was nice to have a little happiness. It's nice to have someone make you happy when you yourself can't make yourself happy.

Without hesitation I accept her request. "If you want me to help you better get changed" with that I took her phone off her, making her complain and whine like a 3 year old.

—~—~—
•Adrien•
(Yes I'm shook too)

When she walked away, I felt a little bit of me walk away with her, then fade into the abyss of nothing. When Nino told me what I did, or what happened to Marinette I felt like every happy moment of Marinette, her smiling face, her adorable laugh, died and was replaced by images of her crying.

I didn't want that, I didn't want to be the reason she cried, I guess that statement died when I just pushed her away.

I ruffled my hair with my hands before I heard the door knock. I looked up to see Nino leaning against the doorframe, smirking playfully at me.

I roll my eyes, "Don't give me that look, or else I might think you want to do some kinky shit with me"

He mimics my actions and throws his duffel bag onto the floor, soon jumping on the bed making it bounce a little. "Dude, your bed smells like Vanilla and Chocolate, with the sweet smell of Strawberry" He mumbles in the sheets, "The chocolate and Vanilla scent is from me and that 'sweet' smell of strawberry is Marinette." I respond.