Chapter 30 - Revenge Is Sweet

Start from the beginning

"Yes, but Jess has her reasons. Why she did it. Leo had no reason." Charlie snaps, his fists clenching by his side as he looks away.

"Charlie, Leo was trying to save us." I bitterly snap, trying to hold back the rage which seemed to crawl through me.

"What is this, Mia? You're snapping at me for no reason whatsoever." Charlie exclaims, his head shaking as he looks at me in disbelief.

I inhale sharply, looking into his eyes, speaking nothing but the truth, "you and Jess... have gotten really close recently." I confess in a low, anticipated voice which causes my heart to ache in a miraculous feel of iciness.

"It..." Charlie hesitantly begins, his facial feature twisting up with several different emotions as he turns his head to the side.

"Mia." He begins, clearing his throat whilst he faces me again, his hands delicately placing atop of mine, looking me straight in the eyes with a hard look in his features.

"I promise you that between me and Jess, nothing like that has gone on. I promise you I won't hurt you on purpose, Mia." Charlie reasons, his finger tip lightly caressing my cheek, my lip quivering as my eyes flicker down.

"I was jealous." I mumble, swallowing hard as my fists clench by my sides, nervous to see his response to my reluctant words.

"Oh..." Charlie mumbles, his hands dropping as he bites his lower lip in anticipation, "fair enough, I guess." He adds in bleakly, his eyes trained on ahead of him.

"I'm sorry." I weakly respond, looking away in shame for getting jealous over two ex lovers.

"No, no. Do not apologize." Charlie insists, his hand slipping through mine, squeezing my hand reassuringly, "I understand why you were jealous. I... sometimes, in a way, get jealous of you and Leo as well. So don't take it out on yourself." Charlie replies hectically, a small smile on his lips as he sends me a reassuring look.

I inhale sharply, nodding my head quickly to his words, focusing on the road ahead of us as my lip quivers, biting on it to hide the quiver.

"Fair enough." I mumble, repeating his words from a minute ago, Charlie scoffing as a small giggle escapes my lips.

"Oh, the drama we have." Charlie mumbles, shaking his head slightly with a smile resting on his lips, nodding my head in agreement to his words.

"Indeed." I chuckle in response, slumping back against the chair, a heavy sigh escaping my lips.

It somewhat, despite his promise, didn't reassure me. It feels like he's lying.

*•*•*•*

"Would you like to come inside?" I offer, glancing over at Charlie who has stopped outside of my house, his hands clutching the steering wheel with a hard expression upon his features as he looks ahead, his jaw clenching.

He relaxes from my words, his hands slowly dropping from the steering wheel, jaw unclenching as he looks over at me, firmly nodding his head.