Chapter 4 - Deep Conversations

C H A P T E R F O U R
DEEP CONVERSATIONS

*•*•*•*

Mia's POV:

"I brought you guys some cookies." Karen weakly smiled, handing me some cookies on a tray. I gratefully smiled, nodding my head as I placed them on Charlie's bedside table.

Charlie's gone downstairs to talk to the Police about some things that had happened. I feel too exhausted to talk to any more Police today. I feel guilty for it, but Charlie reassured me that it'll be okay.

"Thank you, Karen." I responded, my heart warming. She slowly nodded, a strained smile on her face.

"I-I wish I could do more." She sadly sighed, placing her hand atop of mine as she sat beside me on the bed. I shook my head, giving her hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze.

"Karen, you don't have to do anything more. You're an amazing mother to Charlie, and he loves you." I firmly stated. She nodded, the bottom of her lip trembling as she bit it, her entire face creased with worry.

"I was so worried." She whispered, her voice turning hoarse and weak, her voice showing pure emotions. She then gazed into my eyes, her eyes bloodshot, her barriers broken down as she looked at me,

"Thank you. Thank you for bringing Charlie back safe." She hoarsely cried, her head shaking in relief.

"No, if it weren't for Charlie, I'd still be there. He's the one who saved us. I don't know how I'd escape if it weren't for him." I weakly smiled, spilling my emotions. "He's so strong compared to me. He's been so brave throughout all of this." I reassuring announced, my heart fluttering from spilling my emotions. Karen nodded, happy, relieved tears spilling down her face,

"I-I... Don't know what to say." She laughed, a smile etching its way onto her lips. I laughed, a warm smile creeping onto my face.

"Charlie's an amazing guy, I'm so lucky to have him." I shrugged, talking all in complete honesty.

"What are you two talking about?" I heard Charlie question as he entered the doorway, a small grin on his face. His face creased with stress, his eyes looking tired and worn out. His messy black hair sticking out in several different directions, his bright blue eyes now got its glint back. I felt Karen's hand slip from mine as as stood up, peering back at me, a gentle smile on her face.

"We was just discussing about how grateful I am that you're home safe. Mia was just saying how she couldn't have done it without you." Karen explained, reluctantly nodding at me. I blushed, my heart racing. Charlie grinned, as he strolled towards me, sitting beside me on the bed and securely grasping my hand.

"We both helped each other out of there." He nodded firmly, softly stroking my hand.

"I'm glad you're safe, Charlie." Karen whispered, her voice filled with compassion and care. Charlie nodded, a grin on his face,

"What sort of son would I be to leave you to put up with Brooke all alone?" He chirped, his voice filled with humour. Karen laughed, her eyes glistening,

"Brooke will be home when you get back from the hospital tomorrow. Brooke spent the past few night over a friends." Karen explained. Charlie nodded, excitement filling his eyes.

"Okay." He responded.

"I brought you cookies by the way. I'll leave you both to it. Make sure you both get plenty of rest." Karen grinned, before turning around and strolling out of the room.