Chapter 8 - Hiding Emotions

C H A P T E R 8
HIDING EMOTIONS

*•*•*•*

Mia's POV:

I twirled my dark blue dress around, smiling at my appearance in the mirror. The dress has lace on the ends of it, with sheer fabric around my throat. It grasps onto my waist, hugging my curves, then flows out from my waist. It reaches around mid-thigh. And overall, I love it. I'm wearing dark pink lipstick with cat-like eyeliner along with it. My hair has mainly gone back to brown now (luckily). It's wavy and flows past my shoulders, with some streaks of the dye still in it. However, it goes with the dress, so tonight is the night I'm glad I have the dye in there. I have jet black, strapped, 3-inch heels on to go with the dress.

I want to try and look decent for tonight. As I've not seen any friends from school in such a long time, I want to make a good impression. Also possibly meet some new people so I can put all the troubles to the back of my mind. At least for tonight.

I let out a heavy breath as I closed my eyes, swallowing hard, mentally preparing myself for tonight. I wander how it will go? Will Jess set something up? Or will tonight just be fun? Maybe Jess wants to apologise for everything she's done; not that I'd forgive her.

But then the thought of knowing Leo will be there put an edge to the situation. Due to the fact that I haven't seen him since he kissed me. I wander if it will be awkward if I see him?

"Magnifique" Charlie suddenly whispered down my ear, his warm breath tickling against my ear, placing his hands on my hips, causing my entire body to electrify with sparks. I blushed as I opened my eyes, gazing at our reflection in the mirror.

"Thank you." I whispered in response, not daring to speak above a whisper, a small smile making it's way onto my lips.

I gazed at Charlie in the mirror up and down, drinking in his appearance. He's wearing a black leather jacket, with a white t-shirt layering beneath it, along with ripped black jeans and some white vans. His sleek blonde hair has been coiffed so it's swept-back.

"Are you ready to go, princess?" Charlie asked, his arms wrapping around my waist, pulling me close against him, placing his chin on my shoulder. We gazed at each other in the mirror, as I slowly nodded.

"Yes." I replied, my voice continuing to stay as a whisper.

"Ok." He answered, gently grasping hold of my hand, his hand instantly warming in mine. I grinned as we turned around, strolling out of his house.

*•*•*•*

Charlie parked his Porsche a block away from the party. Yet even though we'd parked this distance away, I could still hear the party blasting through my ears, the music sounding as if it were only a few feet away, even though it's way more than that.

"Why don't you go nearer?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows together in questions, dreading walking in heels. Charlie chuckled slightly, shaking his head,

"I don't want anyone to come and break the car or something." He shrugged, frowning slightly as he got out of the car, heading towards my side of the door and opening the door for me. I gratefully smiled at him as he held his hand out for me to take.

"Princess." He announced, his white as snow teeth glistening in the dimness of the night. I felt my cheeks turn shades of red as I placed my hand in his, Charlie helping me out of the car.