Chapter 28 - Conflict Of Emotions

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - E I G H T
CONFLICT OF EMOTIONS

*•*•*•*

Mia's POV:

The tension which grew throughout us expanded, causing me to swallow hard as I flicker my eyes around nervously; not wanting to be the first one to break the silence however not being able to stand the silence which consumed us; the silence deafening me.

"What are you doing here?" Leo asks, being the first one to break the tensioned silence as he raises his head high.

"I'm here with CharBoo." Jess giddily smiles, pecking him on the cheek which causes my heart to throb and stomach to twist in anger; the nickname and peck.

"Right, well nobody really wants to see-" Leo begins to rant, his voice in a snappy tone until I quickly speak, knowing it would lead to another argument.

"Leo, it's fine." I sharply say, glancing behind at him sending him a reassuring look.

"What are you guys doing here?" Charlie asks, glancing between us both as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Grabbing some food then going to go somewhere and eat." I briefly explain, biting on my lower lip nervously.

"Well, me and Charlie here are going to get food then going to the park, isn't that right Charlie?" Jess sweetly smiles, wrapping an arm around Charlie's waist as she looks up at him, fluttering her lashes at him.

I hold back the jealousy, remembering its an act. Charlie's with Jess about the situation.

"Right, well that's good, me and Leo best get going." I fake smile to them, standing up and holding my hand of for Leo to help me out of the trolley.

Leo grasps my hand firmly, as I step out of the trolley, brushing down my clothes as I get out, Leo's hand slipping from mine.

"Why don't you come with us?" Charlie asks, glancing between the two of us as Jess glares at him.

"I don't think that's a good ide-" Leo tries to protest, however I quickly place my hand on his shoulder, shaking my head slightly at him.

"We would love to come." I tightly say, sarcasm lacing my voice at the word 'love', however didn't trust Charlie and Jess alone; Jess being the one I don't trust.

"Great!" Charlie enthusiastically says, glancing down at Jess as she bites on her lower lip, frustration melting over her features.

Then she slyly smirks, raising an eyebrow at me as she stands on her tippy-toes, her hands placed on Charlie's chest as she pecks his lips. She smirks, wrapping her arms around Charlie's waist as she rests her head on his arm, 

"I think that would be a wonderful idea, Charlie." She sweetly smiles, fluttering her lashes at him as she holds him tight, Charlie's eyes filling with a mixture of different emotions as his figure stiffens.

"Why, Mia." She begins, glancing over at me with playfulness in her eyes, "are you jealous?" She asks, cocking her head to the side slightly.

My fists clenching by my sides, jaw locked as I glare over at her, venom bubbling through me; venom only increasing from her words. Knowing she's pressing my buttons; yet doing it to get a reaction out of me.