Chapter 25 - The First Step To Forgiving

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
THE FIRST STEP TO FORGIVING

*•*•*•*

Mia's POV:

Clambering out of Charlie's car after a tensioned silence that had consumed the car, causing every fibre on my body to grow in nerves because I was wary with how long the silence would last, I let a heavy breath of air escape my lips. I then inhale deeply, breathing in the fresh, cool air as I slam shut the passenger side door.

Charlie slipped out of the car on the drivers side, Leo sliding out from in the back seat, a small frown on his lips as he flickers his eyes over at me and Charlie.

I send him a small, encouraging smile after seeing the wariness that filled his features, as Charlie made his way up to me, tangling his fingers through mine causing a spiral of warmth to spill down my hands.

I flush from the action, gazing down at our connected hands in admiration, a warm smile on my lips as I gaze up at Charlie, adoration filling my eyes.

He returns the smile, lightly pecking my lips causing my heart rate to increase, fluttering in delight from the feel of his thick, blossomed lips against mine, our lips melting against each other's for a few seconds before we pull apart.

Our eyes leisurely open, our eyes glistening in joy as I send him a small smile, before looking over at Leo.

He had a small frown on his lips as he gazed down at the ground, his eyes dull and expressionless.

"Let's go." I announce, breaking the silence as I squeeze Charlie's hand gently as I send them both a smile, once Leo's eyes flicker up to meet mine.

He purses his lips together, trailing along one side of me, Charlie on the other as we make our way towards the large fast food restaurant. It looked comfy and inviting, with a red and white layout with booths and stools with tables around the large restaurant.

A small curve of a smile makes its way onto my lips as I excitedly drag Charlie along into the restaurant, gazing up at the immense restaurant in admiration.

Entering the restaurant, I'm instantly greeted with the smell of evening food, causing my hunger to increase.

"Hello, how may I help?" A women asks at the reception table placed by the entrance to the restaurant, sending us a friendly smile.

"Hi, could we have a table for three please?" Charlie politely asks, gently rubbing my hand with his thumb causing warmth to spiral up my hand.

"Sure, follow me." She sends us each a signature smile, grabbing three menus then leading us towards a table.

We all trail along behind her, thanking her when we reach the booth, me and Charlie sitting in one end whilst Leo sits in the other.

A tight smile makes its way onto my lips as I look at Leo, who glanced over at me with a mix of anguished, painful emotions causing my heart to hammer violently inside of my chest.

"Here are your menus." The waitress announces after seeing the clear tension that had filled the table, nervously passing us each a menu.