Chapter 30 - Revenge Is Sweet

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y
Revenge Is Sweet

*•*•*•*

Mia's POV:

"When you and Leo were speaking yesterday... I-I heard it." Charlie mumbles in confession, glancing down at the steering wheel in shame.

I frown, glancing over at him, after several minutes of silence had consumed the car, only for it to be broken by his bland confession, which built a wave of curiosity to flood through me.

"What were your thoughts on it? Leo missing us, wanting to be best friends all over again." I ask, my voice calm and gentle; in fear of pressing his buttons. Of him snapping.

"It..." Charlie begins, a hesitation resting in his voice which caused a delay, the wariness evident because he didn't want to snap, however clearly didn't want to accept him back into his lips. "Was stupid. To think he could just, be friends. Me and Leo have... turned into two different people." Charlie reluctantly explains, the sadness which consumes his eyes growing after each passing second.

I place my hand atop of his which was resting on the gear stick, sorrow melting inside of me, realising the conflict of his words.

"Do you want to? As much as the complications are there, if they were somehow... disposed of. Would you? Let him back in?" I question nervously, biting on my lower lip in fear of his response, looking down at my hand placed atop of his.

I feel his tense; I knew already the sharp look on his features, the pain and conflict of the question. "Yes." He briefly mumbles, his lashes closing heavily as the car comes to a halt.

He turns to face me, nodding his head slowly as I look into his eyes, seeing the passion that rests in his eyes.

"Yes, I would, Mia. But there's too many complications at this current time. We don't even know whether we can trust him, but you and Leo... share this friendship, that I've never been able to understand." Charlie announces, frowning slightly as his head cocks to the side in examination.

My eyes drop, shrugging my shoulders helplessly to his statement, "I guess he's always been there. If I don't forgive him... I feel like it would just, sort of be wrong." I justify, my voice in a calm tone.

"So... you understand why I forgive Jess?" He reasons, cocking his head to the side slightly.

I'm taken aback from his question, my head shooting up to look at him directly, my lips parting slightly, dumbfounded by his question which I didn't expect to come up.

"You forgive her? Charlie... she lied to you. Played games with you! At least what me and Leo had... was real!" I argue, beckoning for him to see the differences between mine and Leo's story to his and Jess's.

Him and Jess dated. Then one day Jess works with Mike and poisons Charlie, kidnapping him to give him to Mike. All fake love.

On the other hand, me and Leo were best friends. We knew each other's ins and outs, trusted each other until Mike kidnapped me. Mike bribed him into it, not knowing it was us.

"Jess knew it was you, Charlie." I hiss between clenched teeth, shaking my head rapidly, "Leo didn't know it was us. He did what he could to get us back. Jess did what she could to let you go." I rant, my voice consumed with shock and disbelief to Charlie's idea.