CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: Rough Hands

Start from the beginning

John frowns, “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I remember right before Mom found out she had the tumor, I came home and found her in my room crying on my bed.” Ianna says glaring at him. “She said that she loved me and that she wished she could afford to take me away from this place and to take me away from you because you were going to burn me to the ground.”

“You shut your mouth you ungrateful little harlot, you know nothing about your mother and I’s relationship,” he growls.

“She hated you and she wanted to leave just like I did, she just died before she got the cha-” John smacks her midsentence knocking her to the side.

“Don’t you dare talk about your mother like that,” John hisses his face red with anger. “You know nothing, nothing about our relationship or what we went through to make sure you grew up the way you did. You are an insignificant little brat even with the extra strength of your soulmate boosting your powers and due to the events concerning your daughter, you and your darling husband won’t be needed here for much longer after all.”

Stay away from my daughter you monster. Ianna glares at him from the carpet.

“See I would but she’s already here and by her own accord.” The malicious smile works its way back onto his face. “This may be a bit childish but I’ve been waiting seventeen years to say it,” he clears his throat and smiles widely at his daughter, “you lose.” He erupts into laughter as he stretches up to his full height. Walking back to the exit he stops in the doorway and looks over his shoulder, “I hope you like what Kris did to your old room, we could never get those stupid stars off of the ceiling though,” and with that he closes the door once again leaving Ianna alone.

She sits up and slowly rubs her cheek coaxing the sting off of her nerves. She can feel something bubbling up in her throat and she fights desperately to contain it but eventually she just can’t. Ianna starts to laugh so hard it shakes her entire body. She had made John so upset that he lost his cool and actually struck her; John wasn’t as strong as she always thought he was; she had gotten to him.

                                                                                      Ϡ

“Ugh, of all the places she could of hit, it had to be in the eye,” Yuli whines examining her black eye in the small mirror hanging on the wall of John’s study. She turns to Quentan who had been handcuffed to a chair in front of John’s desk, “Do you know how much foundation it’s gonna take to cover this up? I’m gonna have to use liquid and powder just to get it to my skin tone now and I don’t even have powder foundation.” She turns back to the mirror, “I’m gonna have to go to Sephora tomorrow and get some and let’s pray that they have one that won’t break my face out.”

“For the hundredth time, I DON’T CARE! Please shut up,” Quentan groans slouching down in the chair. He had been cuffed to the chair since they first arrived there forty-five minutes prior; John and his male lackeys departed immediately after leaving the Asian, who had been complaining about her eye the entire time, to watch over him. 

“I can’t really afford anything too expensive you know,” Yuli continued completely ignoring him. “I’ll probably get Maybelline or CoverGirl or something. Ooh how about Loreal? “ She turns to Quentan, “Do you think Loreal is pretty?”

Quentan throws his head back in exasperation and groans, “Why couldn’t he have just physically tortured me?! Twenty year old girls are so damn annoying!” He looks at Yuli with wild eyes, “Good God girl do you every shut up? I have a sixteen year old daughter and I have never heard any kind of stupid makeup shit like this.”