CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Seen It All Before

Copyright © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Sharp Practice by Sierra B 

 CHAPTER FIFTEEN

“So are you ever gonna tell me why you ditched my cousin and the emo?” Trevor asks.

 “Don’t call him that!” I want to snap at him but instead I just shrug and glance over my shoulder at my old table where Skeigh was glaring and sending silent messages at me and Kris was glaring at his unfinished pizza purposely avoiding my gaze. “Not much of a reason,” I say turning back to Trevor, “I just wanted to sit with someone interesting for once,” I smile putting my hand on his thigh.

He glances down at my hand then back up at me with a small smile on his face, “Is that so?”

“Yeah it is.”

“Dude I am so sick of girls coming over here for you,” one of Trevor’s friends (Danny I think) grunts causing Trevor and I too laugh.

“Well maybe if you’d take a shower every once in a while when a girl came over here they might wanna talk to you instead of running to the nearest good smelling attractive guy around.”

“Oh and that guy is you?” his other friend Markus asks raising and eyebrow.

“Well how about we ask the table’s resident girl.” Trevor smirks and glances at me, “Rhylee who smells the best and/or is the most attractive? Be free to take a whiff of all of us.”

I raise an eyebrow, “Seriously?” The look on their faces alone where enough to have me leaning across the table smelling the guy’s shoulders before I pull back and stick my nose in the crook of Trevor’s neck causing him to bite his lip. “Sorry guys,” I smile after I pull back, “I have a thing for Old Spice and there’s only one guy wearing Old Spice at this table so Trevor smells the best.”

“Bull,” the other two cry in protest as Trevor smiles smugly at them, laughing.

“As far as the best looking well Markus if you put on some Old Spice it would probably be you that I’d go to, to escape Danny’s stench,” I tease causing everyone but Danny to laugh.

So you’re just gonna laugh with your new friends and pretend like we don’t exists over here? Skeigh’s voice invades my head. I don’t know what happened at Kris’ but you two need to get over it. Don’t pretend you don’t hear me Ginger, I know you can.

I sigh inwardly and turn to Skeigh who was still glaring at me. “Leave me alone,” I mouth at her before turning back to Trevor and his friends smiling.

Markus cracks and joke and we sit there laughing when the guys laughter dies down and their attention goes to the figure that walks up behind me.

“What do you want Skeigh?” I sigh before I turn and look at her.

“Me and you need to talk,” she grunts ignoring her cousin and her friends.

“I said, “Leave me alone,” I frown glancing from her to Kris who was sitting at the table watching us.

“I don’t care,” she says grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the guys who were confused and semi-curious.

I let her drag me out of the cafeteria and into the girl’s bathroom down the hall. I walk over to the end as she closes and locks the door.

 “What do you want Skeigh?”

“What happened at Kris’ house on Friday?” Skeigh demands.