CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Fire

Copyright © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Sharp Practice by Sierra B

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"I still can hardly believe Ma and Q just left without saying anything,” Skeigh says taking a sip of her soda as she leans against Constance.

“What did you expect? They aren’t really the type to go on rampages about morality, especially since they’re in their mid-thirties with a sixteen year old,” I shrug as I pull my legs crisscross.

When we woke up this morning my parents were gone and there was a note on the kitchen counter that said:

Tell Kris to wear a shirt when he sleeps over & to use the front door like a normal person or else we're gonna nail your windows shut. We'll be home by 6, if Skeigh & Kris's parents ask they weren't at our house during school hours.  ~Q

P.s Don't touch my PopTarts. ~Mom

“True,” Skeigh shrugs,

“Well at least they didn’t make us go to school,” Kris comments as he takes a bite of his apple.

“I figured they wouldn’t,” I say rubbing my neck gingerly.

Kris sees this and smirks. He left a huge dark hickey on the side of my neck that I forgot all about until Skeigh (whose thoughts were very accusatory) pointed it out this morning. It’s going to be a pain putting foundation on my neck each morning before my parents see until it goes away which is reason enough for me to grimace at and hit him, which is what I do.

“Ow!” he cries gripping his side, “I didn’t even say anything!”

“It doesn’t matter I know what you’re thinking,” I grunt snatching his apple away from him.

He starts to complain but the glare I send him as I bite his apple shuts him up. “You’re mean,” he mumbles rubbing his side.

Skeigh rolls her eyes at us. “I’m gonna go inside and barf some,” she says before standing up and walking back inside.

I watch her go with a frown on my face. She was still acting bitterly towards us whenever we would play around. I get she has a crush on Kris but she acts like we can’t be friends because of it.

“Hey Ging,” Kris says touching my arm, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Huh?” I ask turning to look at him.

“Wanna play with fire?” he smiles a flame hovering above his fingertips.

“I don’t know if I can.” I frown. “I don’t even know how it happened last night.”

“I can help you,” he says. “Turn around.”

“How is turning ar-“

“Ginger just turn around,” Kris commands grabbing my shoulders and twisting me around as he rolls his eyes.

I comply and sit with my back facing him. “Okay so I’m turned around. Now what?”

“Close your eyes.”

I close them. “Okay they’re closed. Do you want me to clear my mind? Maybe picture nice fluffy clouds?” I tease.

Suddenly I’m being jerked back, my back slamming against Kris’ chest as he wraps his arm around me. “Kris what are you doing?! “ I cry shocked twisting to stare at him.

“Helping, now turn back around and close your eyes,” he says twisting me back forward.

I let him and close my eyes feeling heat rise to my cheeks as his chest presses against my back and he leans over my shoulder his hot breath at my ear with his hand rests over my stomach. “I don’t get how-“