CHAPTER NINE: Dear Insanity, Happy Birthday

Copyright © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Sharp Practice by Sierra B

CHAPTER NINE

The bell rings and I jerk my head from off the desk looking around confused until I see Kris smirking at me. I can feel the drool running down the side of my face and I grimace and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. I had fallen asleep in fourth period which was now over. I groan and drop my head back onto the desk my cheek landing in the small puddle of spit I left on my desk, not ready to move.

“Come on Birthday Girl move your ass Skeigh is waiting for us,” Roan says nudging my shoulder smearing more spit on my face.

I groan and lift my head up to glare at her; she was wearing a navy blue “Hope” Mayday Parade shirt, a pair of cut off blue jean shorts, and a pair of bright red high top. She shakes her platinum blonde head and pulls a pack of tissue out of her bag; taking one out of the packet she wipes my face off and then the desk. “Come on we got some non-birthday stuff to do.”

I sigh and reluctantly let Kris who Roan ordered to “get me”, pull me out of my seat grabbing my bag in the process.

Skeigh was waiting for us outside the class, wearing a gray Minnie Mouse sweatshirt, a pair of jean capris, a gray pair of flats, and a red beanie. She had been leaning against the wall looking at her phone and looked up at us when we walked out. “What took you so long? It’s early release which means we’re supposed to get out of here early.

“Birthday Girl here fell asleep in class,” Roan smirks poking my side causing me to groan again.

“What’d you dream about?” Kris asks, readjusting my bag on his shoulder.

I shake my head, no way was I telling anyone I was dreaming about Trevor let alone Kris who happened to pretty much hate him and vice versa. I get a good look at Kris who looked kind of funny with my Waffles book bag hanging over his shoulder and snicker. The green of the bag was a stark contrast to his old beat up black leather nap sack on the other shoulder clad in his dusty looking burgundy long sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans, and gray slouch beanie. Instead of answering I nudge my shoulder into his arm. “Looking sexy with that teddy bear bag of yours, Sticky buns,” I tease.

He smirks, “I know. I can make Dora the Explorer look good.”

“As long as you have a black sharpie,” Roan smirks.

“Why a black sharpie?” Skeigh asks.

“So you can color over her clothes,” she smirks.

I giggle and start to add something when I see Trevor coming out of his classroom. “Hey Trevor,” I call causing snarls from both Kris and Skeigh.

Trevor turns and smiles at me. Walking over to our little group he says, “Hey Rhylee, I like your shirt.”

I look down at my black Alesana shirt with blue stitched up teddy bear holding a knife I had on over the pair of blue jean shorts and my old raggedy black low tops. I run my hand over the blue beanie the same color as the teddy bear on my shirt while I shrug and smile. “This old thing?”

You just got that this morning for your birthday from my mom you lovesick hag. Skeigh scoffs rolling her eyes.

"Where you guys heading off to?” Trevor asks glancing at my friends briefly.

“None of your business,” Skeigh grunts crossing her arms.

I shoot her a look and she thinks something snippy. Turning back to Trevor I smile and say, “Nowhere really, just hanging out celebrating my sixteenth birthday,” before he could reply to his cousin.