CHAPTER ONE: Oh, Hello

Copyright © 2013 All Rights Reserved

Sharp Practice by Sierra B 

CHAPTER ONE

"Stop staring."

"I'm not staring... I'm gazing intensely."

Skeigh deadpans, "Really Ginger?"

"Yep," I say popping the P, not taking my eyes off my best friend's smoking hot cousin Trevor Traynor.

"Ginger!" Skeigh growls at me.

I groan and tear my eyes away from Trevor turning to Skeigh. Her insanely long, insanely thick, insanely curly hair was somehow being compressed in a teal beanie; her curly chocolate brown bangs fell into her big blue green eyes that held the same chastising glare it did every time I ogled over a boy she didn't approve of. Her hair framed her smooth heart shaped olive face making her cheeks look extra chubby; her rosy pink lips were pressed together in a grim line, the corners of her mouth were turned down.

"Yes Skeigh?"

"Stop ogling over my cousin, it's gross."

"I can't help it," I shrug turning back to Trevor, "he's freaking hot."

His scruffy brunette hair fell in his big chocolate brown eyes as he laughed at something his friend said, his straight white teeth shone from across the room when he smiled, and his face, the same heart shape as his cousin's, had a sort of bronzed tan that gave his boyish looks a sexy tone to it.

Skeigh scoffs. "No he's not; he's an egotistical jerk face that needs go to back to California where he came from."

I frown, "That's not cool dude that's your family."

"It's not the same; the only family you have is your parents. Aunts, uncles, and cousins are just terrible."

"Well I wouldn’t know would I?" I frown.

"I know I'm just saying," she burps, "guy's a jerk face."

I take another look at Trevor; he doesn’t look like a jerk face and he doesn’t act like one, not to me anyway. Skeigh doesn't like anybody I have an interest in; the fact that it's her own family doesn't really change anything. Trevor catches me looking and winks at me; I blush and look down at my empty lunch tray.

Skeigh grimaces at her cousin behind her who returns the favor. "Gah I can't stand that guy!" she growls.

I frown, "You couldn't be a little nicer to him? He's your family after all."

She shakes her head.

I grimace. "You’re too short to be that mean you little gremlin."

“And you’re too tall to be that naïve you Amazonian,” she grunts back.

I stand up and toss my tray in the garbage as the bell rings. “See ya’,” I call to Skeigh over my shoulder, heading straight to last period.

"Hey Rhylee wait up," Trevor calls to me in the hall.

"Hi Trevor," I smile, sweeping my naturally crimson hair behind my ear.

"I don't think I told you I like your new piercing," he says poking at the eyebrow piercing I got last week.

I smile, "Yeah you did... But you can always tell me again."

Trevor chuckles. "Ha, well I like your new piercing.”

I grin, "I know, it’s awesome.” I brush my fingers over my eyebrow.

"It’s not the only thing,” he smirks, winking at me.