Chapter 4 (part 2)

Recap: It makes sense, how did he even know her name?Her heart was denying it. She searched his eyes in panic. "No, you cant be" shesays in disbelief.    

---------------------------------------------

(still on Naboo) 

Ignoring the desire the pinch herself, she stepped forward in shock, her body betraying her desire to go to him. Aleera's hand shot to her mouth in disbelief, tears sprung to her eyes, and she blinked them away furiously.

Poe's eyes soften at seeing her inner turmoil. He wanted to gather her in his arms, just like he once did.

But then as quickly as they came her emotions disappeared, like they always have to. Her hand limply falls, hitting her side. "You're dead to me" she says, then proceeded to pull out her gun and aimed to kill.

His breath hitched, her icy words hitting him like a physical blow. Poe quickly recovered, knowing how she tended to hide her feelings.

He dared to smile at her, damnit, he knew her too well. "Who are you trying to convince?" he asked leaning against the wall behind him. He was provoking her, watching through hooded eyes.

She gaped at him, infuriated, momentarily faltering at his attitude. Her weapon lowered. If he wants something, he's not going to lie about it. So why should she? Aleera met his eyes and they both felt a pull to each other. She felt so powerless she wanted to scream, she craved him and resented it. A heavy wave of emotion washed over both of them along with a eerie silence. Rain hit against the open windows, neither cared, a sudden roar of thunder sounded, neither so much as flinched. They were both trapped in this wicked mind game.

"Why didn't you come for me?" she asked , her own honesty sounding foreign to her, she was on the verge of breaking, her resolve cracked invitingly.

His eyes swept over the woman in front of him, she was dying, and he was killing her. He clenched his jaw, unable to answer. How could he?

Her insides clenched in anger and frustration, years of emotion built inside her... and she fell, down to her knees, hands violently clenching her stomach in agony. A drop of sweat trickled down her cheek, teasing her held back tears. "Why!?" she screamed, tears now running freely over her face. She was a haunting beauty, and she didn't blame him, yet.

He sank down to the ground next to her, gone the was brave rebellion hero. He kneeled before her, raw, a broken little boy again; a coward. She swallowed her salty tears and crawled toward him, finally touching. They melted into an embrace, one clawing to the other. Aleera finally broke, right when she felt his sobs racking through both their bodies. Poe squeezed his eyes shut when he heard her painful gasp, almost feeling her heart crack.

He did this to her and she allowed it. They were both lost, trying to find something inside the other, and they ended hurting what they cared most about.

"I was too afraid" he muttered, hanging his head on her shoulder, and finally admitting what she suspected all along.

She gulped and rushed her fingers through his hair in a soothing matter. Aleera resented herself for hurting Poe, she placed so many expectations on him as a young girl, a stupid girl.

"I know. I'm sorry Poe" she murmured, her hand slipped unto his shoulders. His eyes shot towards her when he heard his name, and she stopped moving at his piercing gaze. She licked her chapped lips and Poe's eyes eagerly followed the movement, her breath caught in her throat at the suggestion his eyes clearly made.

"Say it again" he said in a low, husky voice. Her eyes widened and goose bumps broke across her skin.

"I'm sorry Poe" she managed breathed out shakily.

A nods to himself, looking a bit lost, he shut is eyes and clenched his fists, trying to calm his feelings for the woman in front of him.

Aleera contemplated for a moment before leaning over and pressing a soft, feathery kiss to his temple.

Poe slowly opened his eyes when he convinced himself he didn't imagine her kiss, and gave her an dazed, almost lazy smile; one that made all rational thoughts fly out the window.

"You've just given me the most precious gift" he whispers while his slender fingers brush along her jaw.

"A kiss?" she questions weakly at the sensations that were spreading through her.

"No. Your trust. You've given a piece of you heart back to me" he marvelled whilst searching her eyes.

She shakes her head. "You're wrong. I don't give my heart in pieces" she corrects him. It was stupid maybe, giving her heart all at once, but either way, no one else had ever held her heart but him.

Poe frowns. "Maybe you should" he advises cautiously. Who was he not trusting- him or her?

"Why?" she asks, visibly retreating into herself. He had that affect on her. Goodness... could one man do all this to her? He's not a child anymore. She peered closely at him, taking him in again, and surely, there was little traces of the boy he once was.

"Trusting me might not be a smart thing, but you already know that. I've changed, we both have, and you don't know me anymore" he said soberly, no longer drunk on the endless amounts of addictive feelings she so generously provided. He shuts his eyes again, as if trying to shut out her presence. No attachments. This was the resistance pilot speaking.

Aleera slowly recoiled. "No... but it might just be the right thing" she answers softly, silently willing him to meet her eyes.

He chuckled despite the moment, "You know, with all this defiance of yours, it makes me think you were born a Rebel."

She gave him a bittersweet smile, "That's just it, I was..."

And that's when Leia interrupted them - perfect timing as usual.

________________________________________

Okay that's it  for now! please let me know if i should continue this story :)